Jim`s get-together in Connecticut

Let me be the first to publicly thank Jim for hosting a great meeting at his shop in Danbury. We had about twenty people there and the cars..... wow, I am still overwhelmed!

Jim had his J6, which probably looks the best it ever did, and also the P4 there, which is at the (I am guessing final) stages of restoration. Even though great pictures can be seen in other posts, they could not possibly do the cars justice. I might not be an expert on vintage racecars, but I am definitely an enthusiast, so what I saw got my heart going!

Jim even provided us with a delicious lunch and espresso made by his Italian "chief mechanic" Salvatore.

I also met Bill Hough, who made the body for Factory Five Racings´s Daytona replica. The Daytona you can see in the picture is his and was also built from a FFR kit. Beautiful car detailed just like one of the originals (sorry I dont remember exactely which one Bill). We had some other cars including a Ferrari 360s, an ERA Cobra .....

So Jim, thanks for being such a terrific host and answering all my questions. My girlfriend (who is usually not that car enthusiastic) and I had a great time and hope to make it to next meeting as well if I happen to be in the States again.

Sorry for the blurry pictures the camera is not the newest!

-

Attachments

• 35622-J6.JPG
    35622-J6.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 345

Ron Earp

Admin
That looks like it would have been a lot of fun, wish I could have been there. You guys planning on any other such events for next year?

Jim, thanks again for a great time! Met some nice people that appreciate historic race cars and the mystic that surrounds them. An historic event by having the P4 and the MKIV together for the first time in many years.
Lukas and your beautiful girlfriend with Salvatore serving espresso, gave a European flavor to the event.
I hope to see those cars again, maybe on the track someday.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Jim, I concur with the above sentiments. Your a true gentleman and enthusiast and the perfect host. Thank your wife again for me for her hospitality. Thanks again for showing your beautiful collection. And for all you who missed out at the gathering at his home, the Dusenberg was amazing and his home and its view are beyond comment. Certainly straight out of the lifestyles of the rich and famous. I loved the artwork and the dino bone. My brother-in-law and friend who was a former mechanic to J-6 have echoed my sentiments and are looking forward to your next viewing. The only possible way to top our visit would be to include a ride in J-6. I'll even spring for the gas. :D Thanks again Jim

Looks like fun. Much regrets not being able to attend but perhaps in the future, a good excuse to drive down in one's GT40...

Rick :)

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jim, you are a great host, and true gentleman. My entire family enjoyed the beautiful cars displayed. The hospitality provided was a very pleasurable experience. Seeing those two cars together in one room was truely awesome. Bill's Daytona and the Cobra, were also excellent eye candy. Bill does some of the best fiberglass work that I have ever seen. We ended up doing a little over 2000 miles in three days to see your collection, and it was worth every mile. You have a very nice shop, and a excellent group of guys working on your cars. I had hoped to see the Lola and Duesengurg, but will have to wait until next time.
THANKS AGAIN, you are a great host !!!!

Brian Kissel and family

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Only my work schedule and the absense of an invitation kept me away! :shocked:

Looked real good Jim, it is great to see cool cars that are owned by people who both enjoy the car and sharing the cars....

Best...

Rick :grin:

Jim:

Just a belated thanks for a truly memorable afternoon. My nephew, age 16 was absolutely blown away (as was I) by the whole experience. The casual (yet classy) atmosphere, the acceptance of all those who wandered in (from all of the world) and your willingness to talk about these fantastic cars was commendable

Here is a picture of the loveliest sculpture on the face of the earth:

Jim

Attachments

• 38991-straight pipes.jpg
    38991-straight pipes.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 326
Anytime you set! I drove down from Maine two years ago to see your MarkIV @ Greenwich, and was hoping to see you last Sunday as well. I'd make another trip to CT to see you and the P4!
Best,
David

Jim,

That sounds perfect for me. I'll not miss this one!

Thank you for the kind invitation!

I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your

collection in the flesh. What a treat that will be!

Bill

Back