Steve Toner's CAV GT

Steve Toner\'s CAV GT

It will have stripes some day...

Attachments

• 35675-ocean.jpg
    35675-ocean.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 605
Re: Steve Toner\'s CAV GT

Engine is a 289 w/quad Weber 44IDF carbs making approx 300 HP @ 6000 RPM (dynoed by Kroyer Racing Engines in Las Vegas)
Transaxle is RBT/ZF

Attachments

• 35678-engine.jpg
    35678-engine.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 634

I was thinking Guardsman Blue for the stripes. It doesn't look Wimbledon White to me - too much color. Wimbledon White has some color in it, but this looks to me like if you took a picture of a WImbledon White car and turned the brightness down on your monitor or something...

Hard to say it's Wimbleton White from th epictures. The camera may have just altered the color due to sunsets and interior lighting. I thought W.W. was more of a brilliant white - white with a bit of blue, if I remember this from yesteryear. It does look great, and I think your choice of blue for the stripes is very appropriate.

DAMN STEVE, THAT LOOKS GOOD !!!!
I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe it don't need stripes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thought W.W. was more of a brilliant white - white with a bit of blue, if I remember this from yesteryear. It does look great, and I think your choice of blue for the stripes is very appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that about Wimbledon White until, on Hershal's advice, we looked at some color chips. WW is actually quite beigey (is that a word?). I'm going to go with a 1999 Ford color called either Performance White or Crystal White (I forget right now).

I like the idea of blue stripes. I think the blue-on-white combo is a really classy look on a GT40.

Hi Steve,

When I saw your car in person at Roy's place during SAAC does Vegas 2003, it did look correct to me. Wimbeldon white is a soft creamy white. If you compare it to another 'white' such as Chevy Truck white, there is a night & day difference. I have had white Shelby's with guardsman blue stripes & the combination is stellar. Questions is what sort of stripe? One wide and two small? Dual small Le Mans stripes, or the Gulf mustache that goes into a single stripe? Decisions decisions. Then, do you black out the light openings & duct openings. Enjoy it & have fun!

OK, for anyone who has an actual example of a Wimbledon White vehicle (or perhaps paint chips, but then this color was supplied by PPG as WW, so if they've got it wrong, their paint chips would be wrong too): Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is an almost exact color match for my paint. So put a drop of the wax on your car or paint chip and see if it matches...

I've seen a lot of GT350s that were (or should have been) Wimbledon White with Guardsman Blue stripes, and the color is not this strong on those... In any case, I'm going to keep it the color it is (whatever that may be).

Back