competitive events......

Malcolm

Supporter
The entry regs for the various events are starting to arrive now. If you wish to take part in an event make sure you return the forms correctly filled out as soon as you can to secure a place. Often events fill up and late entries get returned even within the open dates for entering!

You have been warned!

For that minor minority who may be interested, my season competitively this year will just be Brighton and Longleat.

Hi Malc,
I've received the entry for Loton on 31st July and 1st August, could you clarify: are we entering one or both days? Is our class the replica class as before?

Thanks,
Confused of Medstead

I'm doing the 31st July Loton in the mad Morgan thing on the left... look forward to meeting you guys there if you are doing the same day.

Barry D

Hi Barry -

Booking for both - see you there.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also - Malcolm - Are we supposed to have received regs for the Lydden event? Roger & I downloaded them from the web as he had not received them either. (I have attached the regs as a zipped pdf file in case anyone else wants them)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Attachments

• 36481-04LydSPRINTregs.zip
    36.7 KB · Views: 414

Malcolm

Supporter
Dear Confused of Medstead

We are at both days which are two separate rounds and you should enter class 21 for Replica Cars for each event.

Did you note that on the rear of the Supllemntary Regs booklet the event for 31st July/1st August is described as the Classic Cars week with Ferrari, Ginetta, Austin Healey, Morgan.... plus invited celebrities. Guess that is us on the end there! Should be a great weekend. Did you see Sir Michael was on the telly on Saturday night with that programme about his estate again?

Paul,

I give up on Lydden where the TWMC are involved. First they forget to tell me that the dates they originally invited us to are cancelled or moved, then when I send them labels, I get a letter asking for labels, when I tell them who I sent them to they don't seem to have been used since! Doesn't bode well for organisation on the day does it?

I would strongly suggest that entry forms are purloined from anywhere you can get them as I doubt my sending labels to their club competition secretary will work!

Guess what guys? We won't be going with this club next year! Come back Neil and Borough 19 MC!

Barry D in the Mad Morgan

I remember chasing one of these on the way to Prestcott once. You are right in saying they are mad (or is it just the drivers?). There was no way I could keep up with it. Utterly mad but also utterly excellent! A bright red one passed my house yesterday having just gone through the Pirbright Bends and the driver was grinning from ear to ear!

Malcolm

The reason we grin from ear to ear is that we do not have speedometers.
We can only judge our top speed by the number of flies on our teeth !
Now I'm coming "indoors" in my Wealden Gt 40 I suppose things will be a lot calmer (Oh yeah....Wanna bet ! )

Malc,
Thanks for unconfusing me, Paul and Barry D se you there. How about the Mog on Saturday and the 40 on Sunday?? sounds good to me!
Regards,
Celebrity (according to Malc) of Medstead

MWGT40

Supporter
Confused of The Sands,

I have one more question before my entry form pops off. What championship are we supposed to list on the form (if any)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Also, has anyone decided on where to stay overnight yet?

Thanks, Martin

Malcolm

Supporter
Martin

The club does not run a championship as such so no details need to be entered in that part of the entry forms.

Paul et al,

I was called by Ken Greenfield from SEMSEC last night who has confirmed the labels had now been passed to him so he will be sending out entry forms for Lydden soon. He says not to worry over time scales as other clubs labels were still to get to him too.

And don't forget to check the club magazine (in print right now!) for the latest on dates of all events.

Barry, "the grin" is one way of checking your speed. When I was teaching pilots to fly gliders we had another way for them to gauge their airspeed on landing if the Air Speed Indicator failed. Poke your hand out of the cockpit (in a glider this is through the sliding clear vision panel) and cup it in the airflow. When it feels like you are holding a woman's breast you are doing 50 knots (55 mph).
Smile widened.
Job done.

Andrew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Andrew

Malcolm

Supporter
So Andrew, when your little lad Matthew (3) jumped on Dave Parker's wife Jan at Wiscombe last year (seemingly getting you all jealous)this was not his being a little mature for his age but in fact fully justified pilot training? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmmmmm - Interesting theory Andrew .....

and one that might indicate that you and Dave Parker fly fast jets!...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malc,
I think Mat is at the stage that he instinctively knows he wants to do it, he just doesn't know why yet. Maybe he was just practising landing on someoene else's private airstrip?

Anyway, I would have done the fatherly thing and shown him how to do it properly, but Dave is a lot bigger than me.

Mat will learn soon enough (with Jan's continued help).

Andrew

Hi All, After discussing this subject with Jan she feels that she is giving Mathew a chance to feel his way into this big wide world and she has invested in a sports bra so that when she is a passenger at goodwood on the track day in the R42 i will be able to see round the corners as apposed to feeling my way round.

Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back