427 sideoiler block and crank

I have a 1968 427 sideoiler engine block and forged crank with $ sign. The crank is the arguably more desirable later crank with the screw in plugs. The block and crank are good rebuilders. Both magnafluxed ok but that was a few years ago and although unused, I will have them checked out again if need be. The block is date coded September 20, 1968 and is not a marine block or service replacement. It is a 'W' block, meaning it was a 390hp engine with slightly lower compression. The engine came in Cougar GT/E, Fairlanes, and Shelby GT500s. The engine may need a sleeve as it did suffer a failure anddamaged the bottom edge of the cylinder. I will have that checked at Blue Oval performance as well. Anyway, I am thinking of selling these items and a few other 427 pieces as well. I would really like to trade all of it for a good zf DS25/2 transaxle if possible. Let me know if interested.
Thanks,
Marc

[email protected]

I just wanted to add a few more details. Some of the other parts are a baffled oil pan with pick-up. A set of original NOS Cobra LeMans camera finned valve covers (never used), pulley wheels and brackets for alternator. New solid lifters, pushrods, crank scraper, rear engine gasket, three misc cams, at least one of them has never been used. I think that is about all. I have the water neck for the 427 as well. This piece goes into the intake aka the thermostat housing. You will need rods pistons heads and intake. I also have new main bearings. All of this goes with the engine.

Thanks,
Marc

I will let the entire collection of FE stuff go for $4,000. That is what a decent block will cost. There is a lot of stuff in the collection.

Thanks,
Marc

Back