Stoneleigh Kit Car Show

Brian Magee

Supporter
This Sunday and Monday is the National Kit Car Motor Show at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire where the Enthusiasts Club hope to have a large display of cars. Although it is a two day show, the majority of 40's attend on the Sunday which is also the day of the AGM. There will be a number of cars going up from the South and meeting others at Cherwell Services (M40 J10) for breakfast at about 8am Sunday morning then making there way up the M40 and onto the A46 to Stoneleigh. The Club will be on stand 27 with the marquee and would be delighted to see anyone with an interest in these cars.

Brian.

[ QUOTE ]
There will be a number of cars going up from the South and meeting others at Cherwell Services (M40 J10) for breakfast at about 8am Sunday morning then making there way up the M40 and onto the A46 to Stoneleigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
My car passed its MOT this morning, and the attentions of the aircon man notwithstanding, I plan to pick it up from Wealden Engineering on Saturday.
So, I expect to be at Cherwell (along with a number of wobbles and missed gear changes) on Sunday, DRIVING MY OWN GTD40!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
Good for you Tony. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh (the car, not you!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian.

Well done Tony.
I know how you feel - having driven mine for the first time ( 120 miles almost trouble free !) last weekend. Thanks for helping source the blown fuse Brian!!

It's in bits again now, sorting a couple of issues out but will be ready again for Sunday

If the weather is kind would you leave a space in the car park for one power ranger and bike,but more importantly a space at the table for a little un /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
When the eleven cars left Cherwell, muggins here got the job of leading. But the great thing with having a low engine is that I can see out of the back window and the sight of a string of 40's in your rear view has to be seen. The queue was so long that after about eight cars it was difficult to make out if they were 40's or not.
Roll on Classic Le Mans, 30 cars is going to be unbelievable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Brian
As one of the "normal"cars that followed the train I can confirm that the sight was fantastic.

I can also confirm I flt sorry for you guys in the 40s as the prats on the M40 are crazy. They were driving up the road ar about 90mph passed me (at the rear of the queue) and then threw out their brakes alongside the first 40 they saw - probably in the big blindspot between rear window and external mirrar view. They could see the 40 even if the 40 could not see them. This then caused serious congestion in the right hand lane and a long tail! (For the USA readers the right hand lane is the overtaking / fast lane in the UK keep left pass right) When the 40 tried to pul out to avertake on a few occasions even after indicating the BMW's etc did some serious avoidance manoevers they were obvoiusly looking at the car but not paying attention to details like indicators!.

I just wish I had been in the passenger seat with a video or camera - what a shot!

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish I had been in the passenger seat with a video or camera - what a shot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Ian, for the 'official' Le Mans trip photographer - what an admission!
I was hoping that you had pics of each car from every angle by now.
Incidentally, I had all sorts of fun on the way home, the slipping fanbelt became a tinkling slipping fanbelt, and after I pulled off the M40 at High Wycombe the brakes were smoking because they had been binding.
Anyway, I pulled the car into the workshop yesterday and found the bolts on the water pump pulley were finger tight and one had sheared altogether. After removing the stub and replacing it with a new bolt the engine sounds very healthy again.
Still thinking about the brakes as there is ample play on the pedal.
Still, the car isn't ready yet, so I shan't be going to Colney Fox this evening - too wet anyway.

Back