Extended pedal boxes at stoneleigh

If anyone is going to Stoneleigh with a digital camera, would you mind taking some pictures of any extended pedal boxes that may be fitted to GTD's for me please.
I'm not able to get there this weekend.
Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate it.

Simon

Hi Simon,

My GTD has an extended pedal box – though I don’t need it - however its not something I can give away!

I attach a rather grainy photo of the relevant area. The mod consisted of an extra tube being welded to the front of the rearmost rail crossing at the front bulkhead. This simply allows the standard pedal box to be mounted further forward. The original rear rail was then cut at an angle in front of the pedals to allow free movement.

On the second photo (next post) you can just see where the rear tube was cut out. I would have thought you could make this mod in situ relatively easily if you bolt and then weld an extra tube.

If you want to see the car itself and have a close look, I shall have it at the Hertfordshire meeting on May 5th at the venue in London Colney. Have a look at http://www.gt40enthusiastsclub.com for a map. I shall also be at Stoneleigh tomorrow - though you are clearly not going!

Dave Champ

Attachments

• 36849-pedalbox2.jpg
    36849-pedalbox2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 297
Simon,

just to add with the current rainy days that the car will be at Colney Fox weather permitting!

Dave,
I was planning to come along in the car, but remembered (just in time) it's my wife's birthday tomorrow! looks like it'll have to be next month.

Simon

Back