Brake cooling setup

I was doing some reading on brake systems, as that is my next project. In the book "Brake Systems OEM & Racing Brake Technology by Mike Mavrigan & Larry Carley, chapter 18 "Racing brake hydraulics", I came across a section on "Brake Fluid Recirculators". Having never heard of these, raised my interest. What it does is circulate the brake fluid in an effort to keep it cool. The flow is:
Master Cylinder, recirculator, calipers.
Then from the bleed screw a line is run back to the recirculator. For dual bleeders a crossover line has to be added to connect the two. The two units they mentioned were the "Outlaw" unit and the unit from "Dan Press Industries", makers of Sierra brakes. Wilwood has a setup that uses two one way valves and a Tee fitting(see attached drawing). These units have the added benefit of having all bleeding being done at the recirculator or master cylinder as all the fluid winds up there every time you push the pedal and release it. Some have a self bleed design built in. So should you boil the brakes, the air bubbles would be removed automaticly. NEAT!!!
Does anyone have one of these setups??? if so, how's it working???
Bill
1031102brakerecirculator001.jpg

P.S. I would imagine the 2# residual pressure valve would have to come in front of everything.

Back