FORD GT40 Rear Clip by JWA Engneering Orijinal!!

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Starting bid $4000.00 or "Buy It Now" for $7500.00

Found this posted on eBay tonight. Says clip is in transit from Japan. Anyone here want to own up to being tenmajapan?
tenmajapan claims to be working with a Cobra manufacturer to:
"It will be full monocock body, ZF transmission, and priced between a Sifir and ERA for $60,000 to $70,000 for a rolling chashi and $90,000 tp $110,000 for a turn key (complete car)." Also say he has original doors and seats.
82_1.JPG

Click Here to see posting with other pics

I chose this picture because you can really see a difference in the spoiler area. Ad mentions something about upward slope from rear of window to spoiler lip. I sure would love to hear comments from you original buffs on this. Is this the real deal or a gutsy hoax?

Regards,
Lynn

Lynn,

If you look at enough photos of original GT40s, you will
notice subtle differences in the wheel arches, rear spoiler,
nose, vents, etc. Everyone's preconceived notion of what
a "real GT40" should look like, was different. Front end
lift, cooling, larger tires, etc., were addressed with
these modifications. Look at a prototype and a Gulf car
side by side, and the metamorphosis between the two becomes
pretty obvious. Practically no two cars were identical
in shape. There have been a few cars sold to Japanese
owners, so who knows whether this clip is for real. Maybe...
That said, without some form of provenance, this could
just be another lump of fiberglass! It doesn't look like a Gulf (Wyer) rear clip, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't in John Wyer's parts bin. The wheel arches/spoiler do resemble those of AMGT-2. Search for photos of Driven's (Jack Launtz) car (AMGT-2) and you might notice some similarities.

Bill

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Mnnn, The owner of the shop claimed to own GT40 in the past and sold to US. (from their internet site) And dealership of Shelby cars and products in Japan. Also selling CAV. (still exist?)
http://www.tenmagallop.co.jp/page019.html
Not sure real or not, but they also sell gulf rear clip as well.

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
They've contacted Frank as "the GT40 Enthusiasts club in Japan"!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Re: FORD GT40 Rear Clip by JWA Engneering Orijinal

Yuji,

Thanks for posting the website! I am pretty sure that Fran Kress' yellow MkII is on this website as well. Not sure if Fran sold this or not. I posted it here for him around a year or so ago; so it might not be his any more.

There is some really intersting stuff on this site. I wish I could read Japanese though.

img495.jpg

Lynn

Back