Roaring Forties Quick Build Kit For sale

I have a kit on the way here from Australia. It was supposed to be here in time for me to use it at Carlisle as a demo but it won't make it in time. I now offer it here. The good thing about this kit is that it is readily available to someone that wants to start their build quickly.
Here is a list of all the items it has.
Kit is a fast build kit price USD$ 39000.00 plus shipping. This includes the following.

LHD Rolling Chassis comprising of

Body chassis kit sandblasted and powder coated satin black.
Marine Grade Aliuminium floor fitted.
Suspension package fitted
AVO Shock absorbers kit fitted
Sway bar kit fitted
Steering Column & Ignition Switch fitted
Steering Rack fitted
Steering intermediate shaft fitted
Mota Lita steering wheel fitted
Peddle box and pushrods fitted
Brake and Clutch master cylinders fitted
Front Calipers fitted
Rear Calipers fitted
Handbrake calipers fitted
Front Brake Rotors
Rear Brake Rotors
Rear rotor spacers fitted
Brake hydraulic lines fitted
Brake Light Switch
Brake Braided lines
Slotted Brake rotor upgrade
Handbrake lever
Hand brake Cables

Module # 1

Aluminium panel set fully fitted
600 rivets fitted
Sealant Fitted
Clutch Hydraulic lines Fitted
Clutch Braided Line Fitted
Body Hinges powder coated satin black and fitted
Door hinges powder coated satin black and fitted
Door handle kit fitted
Door lock set fitted
Over centre catches
Body Locating Cones Fitted
Dzus Fasteners fitted
Door Seal fully fitted with door closure panels (puppies)
Body Straps fitted
Aluminium edge finisher fitted
Vaccum formed dashboard
Upgraded Wheels from Bolt on Halibrands to Pin Drive Halibrands
No Tyres

Full Body Fit, including opened NACA ducts. The body is ready for preparation for painting.

Full aluminium panel fit.

As well as the wheels upgrade this kit also has full glass kit, front screen, mid screen, rear screen and all rubbers.

Please do not confuse this with our deluxe kit. This particular unit has many labor saving things finished. The body has been completely fitted and all the hydraulic lines are done.
This is a great GT for somebody that wants his car done quickly.
Please give me a call or send me an e mail if you are interested.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
602-243-3770

The car is headed to the States. If it's going to be primarily a road car and not a total track car I dont see the problem with the LHD. Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That is a long list. What is required to complete the car? Parts and labor?

David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
With over two weeks to clear customs and now a week to get to Pheonix I sometimes think the "gods" are against me but finally I can tell all that the first "quick build" kit will be in Pheonix for all to see as from tommorow.

Please form an orderly line outside Hershal's house.

Best wishes,

Robert

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Hersh,

Please forgive the ignorant question, but when you say "fitted" what does that mean? Would you mind explaining/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks,
Tim

I installed a skylight in my apartment...
The people who live above me are furious! --
Stephen Wright

Hi Tim,
Fast build kit comes with all the aluminum panelling in place and temporarily screwed on. This means that all of the bending and drilling is done for you. We don't permenantly afix the panels as it would make installation of the other componants a bit difficult. Having the panels FITTED saves many hours of labor. Also the body componants have been pre-fitted so the builder will not have to do any body fittment. The spyder, doors, front and rear clip, are already in place with all the mounting bolts in place. This saves the most time in building this kit.
Another thing is all the suspension componants are hung and all the brake and clutch lines are bent and hung. All combined this is a lot of labor saving work for just $7300.
This is the perfect kit for someone that wants a kit that can be built much quicker.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hearsh, I'm at the end of many months of body work on my GTD so you can guess I'm not a customer....yet. I like what I see when I see pictures of RF's and I think I saw you car at Gordons. Very nice.

My question is about body pannel fit. Mainly the close lines. It has taken me at least a hundred hours adding fiberglass and sanding same to accieve a fit that I am happy with. That being 1/4" gaps +- 1/16" and missalinement of the flat planes of no more than 1/8". I hope this is clear. As I remember your car looked very good and I would say that it's "fit" at least exceeded my standards.

Are you saying the panels are fit, as in complete, with only blocking, sanding and paint left? No fiberglass to be added to achieve straight even close lines?

I am interested in this subject because I, having just completed a LOT of bodywork, consider the body fit and finish by far the hardest part of any GT40 build. If RF can reduce that labor by 2/3 or more it would be a VERY BIG DEAL.

Thanks for your interest and hard work on this forum.

H Jones

Howard,
The body is fit to have good shut line gaps. I have the Gulf GT here in the shop and it was built at the factory. The shut line are excellent. The same fit is on the Quick build kit that I have in stock.
The fiberglass is very well done and requires very little work. There are some who might seek to obtain show car quality shut lines at 1/8 inch. This will require more labor. This is not neccasary for a car that will be driven on the street or raced occasionally. If you want to see what is exceptable then look at all the production cars and notice their shut lines. Some companies go with 1/4 inch and others go for 3/16th. even still there will be some panels that don't quite make it.

Due to the thickness and strength differences
between steel and fibreglass panels, you need more gap
on fibreglass components. You also need to allow
for the buildup of primer and paint thicknesses and panel
movement over rough roads. The guidelines I've seen call for 1/4 " on glass panels to be safe. I assume a trailer queen can be tighter. More important is how
consistent are the gaps and surface alignment.

MikeD

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Tom Kay, Howard and Mike,

Hershalhas made a mistake with his description of the "Fast build". In his support he is yet to see the car as this is the FIRST Fast build we have done.

The aluminium is FINISHED, all completely secured in place and ALL the body panels are fully fitted with ALL gaps set. The car is ready in all respects for the spray shop.

The confusion between Hershal and myself looks as if the purchaser will benefit. I agree with Howard in that this will greatly reduce the build time, alas the name "Fast build".
I would expect that the car would be finished in 200 to 300 hours after it is returned from the paint shop. A major advantage for me at Roaring Forties is that the quality of the finished car can be easier controlled as the lion share of the high skill level work has been completed in our own workshop facility. This , together with the parts we supply being complete with all fastenings, makes it possible to maintain quality and more importantly the safety of our cars.

Sorry for the confusion,

Best wishes,

Robert

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Sunday is Father's day... ya think I could talk my wife into it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
Robert, Hersh, Well I am VERY pleased to hear that you guys have put together a home build 40 that can be completed without 100's of hours of bodywork. I am sure that anyone who has done one of these cars that required a lot of body fit and finish will point out that the body work makes doing a GT40 much less plesant. Unless of course you happen to be a body/paint guy.

I hope to complete my car in the next couple of months, but if I build another one, could happen, then the RF is at the front of the list from what I have seen sofar. I don't mean to disparage any other makes so please don't get mad at me guys. Its just that I like to build my own stuff but I HATE the bodywork! RF seams to best fill my particular requirements and has a dealer in the western USA.

I did set my fit line standard to 1/4" to make room for paint and pannel shake. This would be my advice to buding bodyworkers.

The body work is tedious but I don't mind it as much as the *&$^%)@&$^ door hardware. I would gladly pay a premium for a car where the door hardware had been installed at the factory. For me, this was by far the most frustrating part of the build.

Howard Jones

Supporter
OK... Mark now were talkin! My body work was a LOT worse than your wimpy door hardware! Argggg... Really it was the dust that really got to me. My doors werent all that bad but I'm 5'2" so I could get in there pretty easy. I can see that a 6 footer would just HATE the doors

Back