SAAC-29 Michigan July 2-3-4

I am going and bringing the Blue car. I know that Dave Wagner is coming from the Detroit area and bringing several cars. We have garages reserved and I have signed up for all of the on track sessions. Should be a lot of fun.

We should be running the 67 GT350 (if we get it back together in time) and maybe my friends 86 SVO.

Is anyone going to the Mid-Ohio open track on July 9th? It is always a good time. We'll be there as well.

I too have reserved a garage at SAAC-29 and will have my original 427 S/C Cobra #CSX3047 there. A friend with an old SCCA A-Sedan Mustang racer will be sharing the garage with me. I am not sure about bringing the tub of GT40 #P1040. It does always make for a great conversation piece but also adds to the trailering requirements.

Talked to another dealer and between us we will have 5 CAV's at the convention. Two 427W's, one 427 FE, and other small blocks. All have ZF tranny's. We will all be together in the garage from Friday through Sunday so feel free to stop by and have a look.

Steve. Good to see you. The weekend was a blur. If you don't mind send me the pictures (or video) you have of my blue CAV.

Thanks

Gary on the track at MIS:

Attachments

• 41320-gary1.jpg
    41320-gary1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 346

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice one Gary! Adam, did you run the SVO? I used to have one of those that we'd modded to a nasty amount of hp with lots of boost.

Ron,

No we did not make it to MIS. I got married on the 10th, and had to make a judgement call. Below is a picture of me in a buddys Boss 302 at MIS a few years ago.

We did run at mid ohio on the 9th. Pictures are here Mid Ohio It was the day before our wedding. We ran for about half the day, broke the car, and then ran home for the rehersal dinner. All in all it was very productive.

It is too bad, the mid ohio event used to be really special. In the past we have had an original MKII, Daytona, 427SC, GT350R, 93 95 and 2000 Cobra R's, etc. Now we have to invite the fast and furious crowd just to pay the bills.

The car has only about 200 miles on it since a complete rebuild. It has a complete Maximum Motorsports suspension, Baer brakes, gutted interior, through the floor subframes, etc.

The engine is quite nice. We put in a forged 2.5L stroker crank, custom forged rods, forged 8.5:1 pistons, studs and straps on the main caps, stainless header, 3" downpipe, ported head with larger valves, new cam, etc. We are still only at 14 psi. We will probably replace the turbo with a T3/4 hybrid, and run a vortech aftercooler, then we will start to lean on the engine and raise the boost.

Attachments

• 41413-boss1.jpg
    41413-boss1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 325
Hello,

How many original GT40s will be exhibed ?

Is it a static show or the cars can be seen in action ?

All the best

Hi,
No original sixties Ford GT 40 cars were at the event. However, there was a MKII built up from a mixed collection of parts and well as several good looking / sounding GT 40 owner built cars present.

Back