Variable rate anti-roll baldes.

Paul,
I think what you are loking for is manufactured by JBL Motorsports(.com). Here ar a few pics of their setup. Adjustments are made on the fly for changing conditions or requirements on the track.
For example, to create understeer, the firm adjustment is choosen. to create oversteer the soft choice is made on the front adjuster. You can virtually dial in the suspension as you drive.
Bill
1041825JBLLeftrear.jpg

1041826JBLREARAXL1.jpg

1041824JBLAdjuster.jpg

1041823Image10.jpg

1041822Image09.jpg

Bill,

That setup is WAY cool! Almost fly-by-wire!
When will you be installing it in your car?
Just out of curiosity, how much $$$$???

Bill

I seem to remember something around $1100-1500 from JBL. The ones in the pic were for their Cobra. A very advanced engineered car. You Cobra guys should check out their suspension set up.
HRP makes the same setup. You supply the info and they make them up. Torsion bars from 5/8 OD x .095 wall solid, 1"OD x 120 wall tubular to 1 1/2 OD x .188 wall tubular. Blade arms from .350" thick x 9.75" OAL to .200" thick x 9.75" OAL
You have to supply the OA lenght (Arm c to c), Torsion bar size, blade arm size, arm angle, drop link OAL, drop link style, control style, and control cable lenght.(WHEW!!) Their prices were $1150 to 1300 depending on components and specs. They have a tech line that I am sure could help you out.
They can be reached at:
Hoerr Racing Products
4802 Competition Lane
Peoria, IL. 61615
TEL. 866-851-7223
or: www.hrpworld.com
Bill

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
A company that makes these type of adjustable sway bars especially for GT40's is a company I know well, MINE.

We have just finished (all bar the drop links - no pun ment!) and I will get Sam to drop some photographs on the forum over the next few days.

I must admit that this thread seemed a little spookey to me as if someone was looking over my sholder.

Best wishes,

Robert

Ron Earp

Admin
That is a nicely done setup for the cockpit as well. I've not seen any installs that look that professional, but, then again the only ones I've seen were for race cars and were spartan.

Back