Secret Club Track Day?????

On the GRRC Members Website there is a calendar of events at the Goodwood Track. It quotes GTD40s on the 24th May. What's up guys?

It's Andrew Fordcye 50th Birthday bash! Invitation only I believe.

Andrew has hired the track, so that's his business I guess.

Happy 50th Andrew! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike -

Goodwood are not currently (or wer'nt at time of booking)taking bookings from 'individuals' - only recognised clubs, associations etc etc.

As a club, we are happy to help Andrew celebrate his birthday and entertain his friends. Note, there are no cost implications to the club, it is all at Andrew's expense.

Should you or any other club member like to avail themselves of the clubs help with a booking, obviously at no cost to the club, then I am sure arrangements can be made. As you say - Happy Birthday Andrew..

All - please note that whilst this event is listed in the GRRC magazine, it is a private function and as such only invited vehicles would be welcomed for any track time.

best regards.

Thanks for clearing the air, Paul. The GRRC have published old information by listing the GTD Club as the Principal Party, the booking has been changed to RMA as the Principals.

At the time I wanted to reserve the day there was a lot of confusion about liability insurance and it looked like only recognised clubs would be able to book track days anywhere in the UK, not individuals. We were told that this would be resolved if we were patient and so it was.

To make sure I didn't lose the day I asked the committee if they would help by letting me reserve the 24th in their name and they were most obliging.

As soon as the alternative path to book through RMA became available I switched the booking to them and they are acting as my agents in all matters relating to the 24th.

I have 20 cars and drivers attending, plus a futher 50 guests for track rides. As Paul says, this is a private function so track time and rides are only available to invited guests, however any GT 40 enthusiasts who would like to visit as spectators on the day are most welcome, just turn up anytime you like.

Andrew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I presume the day must have been superb with the fine Sussex weather offered yesterday! How did it go?

Regards,

J.P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi James

Day went well thanks - Andrew and all those who visited had a great time and all who wanted rides - got rides.

Andrew seemed to enjoy himself and drove a number of different cars - including the small one below - Gently Bentley!! - Thanks Andrew.........

Attachments

• 38344-116_1655 Bentley.JPG
    38344-116_1655 Bentley.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 298
What's that red piece of crap doing in the background? Its spoiling my view of that lovely Bentley! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
That would be the F40 that I chased for three great laps, and which had fire spitting out it's tail pipes and when the turbos kicked in pulled away from me but under braking I reeled him in and eventually he rolled over and died and let me pass! Great laps!

MWGT40

Supporter
Malcolm

When I saw you guys on the track together, I just knew that you would have to get past him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Martin

Back