GE Aircraft Landing Lights

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
All,

I have found a source for 13V GE Aircraft landing lights. These are military surplus items with a limited number of 450W and 250W bulbs available. They are round, clear glass lights. (see pic below)

I am not certain how many are available and need to respond with the number required soon. If you would like a set please email or PM me within the next couple of days.

450W $25/each 250W $30/each We might get a break if we order a number of these. No clue why 250W is higher than 450W.
llight.JPG

Lynn

Attachments

• 37860-GE45xxDim.jpg
    37860-GE45xxDim.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 722

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
The width is 5 1/4" the depth overall is 3.13".

The connections are as shown below:

Attachments

• 37871-GE45XX2screw.gif
    37871-GE45XX2screw.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 2,116

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Several people have contacted me about buckets for these landing lights. I have not researched this aspect. I did try to find which aircraft these fit, but the website where I found them did not have this information. I assume them to be standard 5.25" X 3.1" round landing lights and the buckets will be an aircraft part. Again, I have no idea which aircraft.

Be careful about thinking that the 450W would be cool to install. Remember, that these things will put out huge amounts of heat! I saw a couple of warnings about this on the websites of various aircraft parts suppliers. If you work out the amps required you will see that a fairly highly rated relay will be required to power them also.

Regards,
Lynn

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
At 450 watts each the current draw will be high
amps = power/ volts thus 450/12 = 37.5amps per light.

You may need to add an additional alternator too!

Ian

does anyone know where i can find the 5.25 inch outer diameter landing lights?
sorry to resurrect an old topic but ive looked everywhere for these.

Rune

Supporter
Try Aircraft Spruce they might have the right one 100W, these are used as landing lights in small aircrafts.
Warning, in aircraft they do not live for long due to vibration ,at least it was so in my aircraft.
Rune

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I've a friend that installed a pair of landing lights behind the grill of his Camaro some years back.. Even though the lights were a good 3-4" behind the black plastic of the grill, the heat generated actually melted the plastic to the point where some of it turned liquid.. This had happened on a trip cross country that had the lights on for hours.. Now all that said I have no idea as to the wattage of the lights he used. This all took place back in the early 80s.. I guess I would probably use something much less intense and probably more legal (US-DOT) to minimize the risks...

Not being a cheapo kind of guy........but Harbor Freight Tools has driving lights (only 55 watt) on sale now for only $10.99. They come with a fully enclosed chrome housing, and are fully adjustable. From the front, they look like an aircraft landing light.

I have them on my big diesel truck, and they work great. I would imagine that a person could adapt the housing in a way to make them work on a GT40, and the bulbs can be changed to a 100 watt bulb very easily. If anyone is interested, I can get them the part number.

Yes sir!
I actually found a set, everything was the same but they were rated for like 75 hours but around 100+ bucks a piece.
They are mostly just for show and this long stretch of highway, a backroad with no lights and more or less zero traffic :)

Back