S2000 start button connector

I remember reading some posts where people were using the S2000 start button. I have 2 connectors for the start button if anyone wants one. Just pay the shipping. Or if you are looking for one, go to you local Honda dealer, and ask some of the guys in the shop if they have any Oddyssey ignition switch recall parts left over (after they do the job) the connector is green and is thrown away after.
Reply to this thread, first come first serve, and there will be more eventually.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I remember reading some posts where people were using the S2000 start button. I have 2 connectors for the start button if anyone wants one. Just pay the shipping. Or if you are looking for one, go to you local Honda dealer, and ask some of the guys in the shop if they have any Oddyssey ignition switch recall parts left over (after they do the job) the connector is green and is thrown away after.
Reply to this thread, first come first serve, and there will be more eventually.

On the odd chance (very odd I'm sure) - would you still have one of these connectors?

Thanks!

The switch will cost about $50. The wiring connector can be had from any wrecking yard that does Hondas. Look for one that is not a torch job. You will have to trace the wiring to find the piece seen here. I am including the wiring diagram for reference. If you can't read the print there are basicly 3 wires to work with. The black is gorund of course. The blue white goes to the relay coil wire of the starter. The ground wire for the coil goes to the clutch cutout switch for safety. It can be a stop switch like on a brake setup plumbed into the clutch hydraulics. The black white wire comes from the start or ignition switch.

Bill

Attachments

• Web P1010174.jpg
    Web P1010174.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Web 04-22-2008 07;47;53AM.jpg
    Web 04-22-2008 07;47;53AM.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 337

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Many thanks Bill.. I bought the switch from a fellow on the Cobra forum that decided against using it. I still need the pigtail. Now I have the instructions thanks to you! :)
I'll be making a trip to the wrecking yard soon...

When I was looking for one somebody (here I think) said the connector is the same one that is used in many home computers. I had a junk one in the basement and sure enough it had one in it that fit.
Jeff Hamilton

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Heckuva idea there Jeff! I have some old clunker computers out in the shop that I needed to get off to recycle anyway... I'll open some up and see what I can find!

Thanks for the idea!

Randy - it is a three pin computer connector that you are looking for, not four, works fine, think it was from a hard drive. I added a secondary relay before the starter relay based only on a few claims that the starter relay curret would damage the Honda button- may or may not be a valid concern.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi John,

Good idea on installing a driver relay.. I've not had a chance to dig for the cable but hope to tomorrow....

Back