Driving Schools

For my sons graduation I would like to give him a driving course, so he can qualify for a SCCA license. We live in DC area but travel is not a problem. Any recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Jay,

Skip Barber offers a driving school at Summit Point, W.Va.

That shouldn't be more than an hour from you.

You should be able to find out when the course is offered,

through Summit Point Raceway or Skip Barber Racing.

Tell J.T. to keep the shiny side up!

Bill

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Jay,

Skip Barber and Bertil Roos also have driving schools at Virginia Internation Raceway. See the track schedule at VIR here.
There are weekends scheduled in May, June and July for these two schools.

Lynn

NASA is having their High Performace Driving Experience days at VIR North Course July 30-Aug 1. I am expecting to attend. Would be great to see several GT40's there.

Jay, If travel is not a problem, may I suggest Russell Racing School @ Sears Piont Raceway - Sanoma CA. I have been to the Basic (3 day) & Advanced (3day) schools. Outstaning! Your butt if in an open wheel car 4-5 hours a day with lots of track time,driving skills drills,classroom theory and one on one instuctor critique between track sessions.Passing is allowed (controlled)from the first session on.By the end of the Advanced class passing any where any time.After the two schools you drive on a weekend race a get an SCCA license. The weekend schools are great fun, but it might take a while to get a license. Try www.russellracing.com Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back