Lydden 5th June

Malcolm

Supporter
And at long ***** last the competition season is about to fully commence.

This year has been fustrating many of our competition club members due to the very late start to the competition season but next weekend sees a change to that.

Next Saturday in the depths of Kent our members travel to Lydden for a Sprint at this one mile circuit. This circuit has a variety of challenging corners, ranging from fast sweeping right handers that test the handling and balance of the car to tight elbows of corners where the brakes get a workout as you try and lose a lot of speed before you turn in. Of course there is Hairy Hill which is quite frigthening as you realise that you are actually meant to go flat chat downhill to a medium tight right hander with changes of camber and reducing run off. This one really gives an adrenalin rush....

I don't yet have an entry list so anyone going, please shout below and then can those not partaking consider going to support those that are. It is a good spectator circuit with the whole circuit visible from some positions and 85% visible from the rest. There are always a few spinners at Devils Elbow to have a giggle over.....

I may come over if the weather allows a smoother cross channel experience versus last year... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Fred

Malcolm

Supporter
JP, the event will start early morning with the competitors arriving anytime after 7am. Track action will be starting I guess about 9am.

HI all

Just spoke with Jan (Dave's BETTER half - or should that be third?)

Anyway - the 'Food Machine' is back in action for those interested. As usual, £5 per head for filled rolls, fruit, drinks, etc etc -

Let me know if interested [email protected] and I'll update her Friday. Any special requests? or requirements? - let me know.

(sorry - Red Bull by special request at additional cost)

Open to non-drivers too (James?), the £5 / head to be paid to Tim (Videographer) on the day.

If interested let me know soon - so Jan knows total number to cater for.

thanks...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

+Captions for below ????

Attachments

• 38655-DSCN2039 sml.JPG
    38655-DSCN2039 sml.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 342

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
+Captions for below ????

[/ QUOTE ]

See no Enzo, hear no Enzo, speak no Enzo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Max

Malcolm

Supporter
Captions?

"Oh No Ray's going too fast down Hairy Hill again" Dave can't bear to watch, Andrew is deafened by screeching of tyres and Julian's has just brought up his Red Bull!

The three monkeys suddenly realised that they had fallen victim to the deadly Lydden time warp machine, and Dr Who was nowhere to be seen.

I am coming over trough the Eurochannel as to make sure there will be no issue to cross the channel...
Malcom,

Can I joint the lunch with my 5,OO £ ?

Looking forward to see you all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fred

You are more than Welcome Fred and lunch is on me.

We have seven Drivers & 6 Cars

50 - Paul Thompson (me)........Mk1 GTD40...347ci...Avon Slicks
150 - Roy Smart....................Mk1 GTD40...347ci...Avon Slicks
51 - Roger Burston.................Mk1 GTD40...351ci...Blue-Streaks (Slicks)
52 - Andrew Fordyce..............Mk1 GTD40...302ci...Avon Tread
53 - Martin Weigold................Mk1 GTD40...302ci...Hoosier Slicks
54 - David Parker...................GTD R-42.....350ci...Hoosier Slicks
55 - Julian Kingston-Smith.......Mk1 GTD40...302ci...Hoosier Slicks

In addition - Ian Catt (Franks son) is competing in his OMS Suzuki SF2A Single Seater in another class, now with bigger 1000cc engine.

Practice runs start at 9:00am and it's a half day meet, so its all over by about 13:00.

Let the fun commence..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

(Photo opportunity on Hairy Hill from last year)

Attachments

• 38786-DSCN1474 sml.JPG
    38786-DSCN1474 sml.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 342
Back