Ultimate in metal protection

More thinning of the magazines purchased over the last 6 months or so has brought about an article on metal protection. Micro clear was originally made as a non-sacrifical, no-reapply, permanant barrier for brick, marble, cement, drywall, and the like to combat graffiti. Any paint magicmarker or the like applied can be washed off with a power washer.The chemical formula was altered for use as a clear coating for metal parts. It is claimed that you never have to polish aluminum,stainless, brass or magnesium parts again, or worry aboout rusting or oxidation.
Microclear dries in about an hour and in 5 days, is fully chemically resistant to everything frome acetone to paint, to caarb cleaners. It provides a 100% chemical bond, so if the finish does get scratched, rust or oxidation will occur only at the scratch. Moisture can't get under the coating like it does with paint, chrome, or poder coating. It is available in clear and satin and in 600 degree and 1000 degree variations. Available at
Specialied Ceramic & Powder Coatings
5862 Research Dr.
Huntigton Beach, Ca. 92649
714-841-2479
714-901-2628
Usual caveats apply,
Bill

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
But, does the clear finish take some of the brillance away from the original polish job? Since you mentioned a powder coating company it brought to mind what I have seen offered at other similar companys, a clear coat but it does not let brillance of the final polish job shine.

I wish I knew Alcoa's secret. I have heard that they seals thier aluminum rims with something and it sure seems to last, outside of harsh abuse. Not nearly as durable as powder coat but they sure shine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tim

Sounds like it would be useful for clearcoating wheels...I wonder if it could be used on top of R-M or PPG basecoat...

Back