Gurston Down 20th June

Malcolm

Supporter
This Sunday sees our competion lads heading to Gurston Down for a classic hill climb. Dave Parker lead last year with his only disappointment being not crossing the finshing line at over 100 mph. He was less than 1 mph under!

This venue is one of the country's leading hill climb venues and with the 40's blasting up the hill, it should make a nice day out for any spectator who wants to see 40's in action.

So, who is going to start the book on Julian spinning again?

I'm not sure if it's will he but more like where he will spin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jools suberb entertainment value!!

Likley hood of a good spin is high.. Have never been to Gurston before, and am going to have to drive to event/ compete without any sleep this time...as have to work Sat night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Should make for a fun day . Keep them cameras rolling!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifOH and if anything breaks,bursts, leaks, or so much as just misbehaves I shall appologise for the language now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Excuse the ignorance but where exactly is Gurston - I would like to attend - camera at the ready but multimap cannot find it

Ian

Sunday's Entry List -
34 - Roy Wing GTD40 MK1 Spyder 5700cc
35 - Julian Kingston-Smith - GTD40 MK1 5000cc
36 - Paul Thompson - GTD40 Mk1 5600cc
37 - Martin Weigold - GTD40 Mk1 5000cc
38 - Martin Hacon - GTD40 Mk1 5000cc
39 - Andrew Fordyce - GTD40 Mk1 5000cc
40 - Roger Burston - GTD40 Mk1 5700cc
41 - David Parker - GTD R42 5700cc (last years record 36.19)
738 - Mo McNicoll - GTD40 MK1 5000cc

I'm at Lydden on Sat too - so a busy weekend!

Supporters most welcome...

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
But what time? Start/finish, morning/afternoon? I have a busy weekend too, but would like to come if I can, but need to know times so I can fit everything in/juggle things around a bit.

Max

Early start. Practice 9am - correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't mkae it this weekend I've got some gardening to do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Event is an all day affair. People will be setting up early so chances are you will not be there before at least some of the competitors turn up.

Directions as from the Blue Book are as follows.

Map ref 184/026252
1 mile west of Broadchalke on unclassified road off A354 from Salisbury at Coombe Bisset.

I suspect that as you get closer there will be sign posts specifically for the event.

Practice starts @ 8.30 AM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif..Race meeting scheduled to start @1.30 pm. I'll be the one with the " Please wake me for food and racing" sign around my neck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back