i know iknow

its in the wrong bit but i might get more help
anybody got a copy of how you adjust a GTD cable shift system to get the proper type gate movement my setup is a center stick and top left 1st gear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
was there ever any instructions printed can i have a copy please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The center shift, cable system doesn't have much to adjust. Make sure that the rod ends and hook connections are not sloppy and that all the mounts are tight. The short rod at the rear translator/mounting bracket controls the positioning in the gate. If the rod is to long or to short it will let you easily select 5th but not 1st or reverse or the opposite. Just play with the length until you can select 1st/reverse and 5th with equal ease. You should also have a blocking plate to stop you from selecting reverse without lifting the spring loaded tube on the shifter above it to allow travel to the reverse position. Also make sure that the mounting plate for the Lotus shifter doesn't flex. I welded strengthening side plates onto mine. Hope this will help you. I have seen nothing of substance written in the build manuals about adjusting. If all of this fails to solve your problem try contacting Mark Sibley.

cheers for your help so any real adjustment is only needed on the rear tie rod not the cable ends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That is correct. The rod ends on the main cables should be screwed on so that they drop in the holes of the translater easily and that is it. Good luck.

Back