Evolution of Seats...

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
From this...
GT40_Aug_36.jpg

to this...
seat1.jpg

One hide and a few bucks later!

Neal, beautifully made seats, well done. I am just intrigued however as to much "a few bucks later" really is as I make seats like this in the UK and they they are quite expensive to make here,Frank

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
You do get what you pay for. The upholsterer found a deal on the aircraft quality leather. About $400 for the hyde, add another $100 for miscellaneous materials. Shop labor in my area is $80/hr. I negotiated a fixed price deal with the shop. Once I added sales tax of 8.9% the cost is comparable to your seats Frank (including shipping to the US)

Cheaper...faster...better, pick two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neal, I spent an hour studying your build site photos tonight, bloody good, well done ! I do appreciate a guy who has a real go at making his own stuff, especially a exhaust header set, its not easy ( I know ) Detailing looks excellent and this car will be a credit to you. I notice my dog Oscar has joined Enzo on the site as well !! Frank

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the compliment Frank. The standard set by many on this board, including yourself, is tough to match but I might as well try! I sense Oscar may be a bit depressed as you wouldn't let his occupy your seats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank's work...

seat2.jpg

Looking at that picture reminds me that I had intended to get my seats retrofitted like Frank's to accomodate the harness belts. Neal, I take it you plan on a three-point harness?

Wanting my seats to look as close to the originals as possible I had a look at as many photos as I could find and asked Robert to build me seats with 10 rows of 6 eyelets both on seat and back. This makes it 120 per seat. Was not cheap but far closer to the original look than others that seem to run about 50/66 eyelets per seat. Regards

Frank, I was hoping no one was going to ask for a photo as my skills at this stage are a problem,but if you look on the RF website you can see a photo of them in the photo gallery section.(red car). Regards

Back