Connecting the evaporator to the air conditioning hoses

Hello Robert and Hershal. I'm really stuck as to how to connect the hoses to the flared fittings on the evaporator. I don't see an adaptor listed in the parts list nor have I found one. Please advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• 39865-Question for Hershal and Robert 002.jpg
    39865-Question for Hershal and Robert 002.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 338
Nope. I'm completely stymied. I've got a flared fiting on the evaporator (male) with a male insert on the hose (with an o ring). It won't fit!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You can see in my first picture there is an adapter between the hose and the evap (that's the piece with the red fingernail polish). But in your picture it looks like you are having problems with the hose that connects to the expansion valve. I'm heading into the garage to see about that.

Okay, in my second picture, just at the bottom, you can see an adapter between the expansion valve and the hose. Again, it is marked in red fingernail polish. Somewhere in your bag of goodies you should have that piece. Good luck!

Received the parts from Hershal today. They also sent two filling adapter ports. Any ideas on where to connect them?
Thanks.

Rolf,
If you are refering to the A/C then those go between the
compressor and the hoses. They should screw into the back side of the compressor then the hoses connect to that.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back