What is the maximum size your signature is allowed to be?

i am just wondering if i am allowed an image for my signature and if i am how big does it have to be [what are the dimentions]??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Yes you are, I'll check the size. I don't encourage them though and I might turn them off. So many boards have sig image files that are huge and slow down access for folks, expecially those on dial up, which there are a bunch. I think the avatars are enough under your name.

Hi Mr. Prodigy.
Perhaps a good start to your sig would be your name as your userid.
Much more useful than a flash graphic etc.
That's also an unusual first name. I haven't met many people called 'the'. Is that a native NZ name?

Without intending to offend anyone, I would like to see us discourage long signatures, especially those with graphics. It seems to me that the length and complexity of signatures on a given forum are inversely proportional to the usefullness of that same forum. If you want an example of an excellent forum with nice people, great tech, and short sigs, look no further than the forum you're viewing right now. On the other hand, go check out corvetteforum.com or mustangworld.com (I'm sure there are many more examples) if you want bad example where a dial-up user might wait for five minutes to load a page of meaningless banter, emoticons and huge sigs with blingy graphics.

Ron Earp

Admin
Agreed - it goes without saying that I encourage and almost require that we use real names here - we've nothing to hide. I read A LOT of automotive forums and one think I find of the best of them is that they're moderated and people use real names. We're out to build a community, not compare "mods", tell "ricer" jokes, or "kill stories". Large sigs are a pain, and, since it was brought up I'm disabling graphics in sigs as we discuss - I respect those with slow connections, like I have right not in a hotel in New Orleans. Not everyone has a T1 feed....

Back