Total # of CAVS built

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Hi,

Does anyone know how many CAVS were manufactured?

(I just purchased #80 - according to Shelby Automobiles who sold it to me, it was built for Carroll's 80th Birthday.)

Thanks,

Pat Buckley

Ian Clark

Supporter
Welcome aboard Pat, you've bought a fine car with provenance that many would do unmentionable things to recreate:)

Serial number 80 was part of the deal bewtween Shelby and CAV to produce his cars in South Africa. It will be very cool car when done. There is lots of expertise available within CAVs dealer network to help you along.

Tom, it's a monocoque car set up for ZF, wide body, red, black leather interior with red piping.

Please post some pics when you get a chance. Take care and have a great day.

Ian

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Ian -

I take it that you are still a dealer? If not is there a parts supplier available or do I start fabricating!

I will post pics -

So does anyone know how many were built?

Pat

Hi Pat,
Welcome to our forum. Sorry I can only make an unoficial guess at the number of CAVs produced. I think it was around 48.
Hey Guys, Pat is a regular over at the ClubCobra forum He is a prominant Gashole member and one hell of a good driver. The only negative thing I know about him is his ability to pass super dangerous gas. Thus the name of the group he belongs to "The Gasholes". Lordy if the whole group of them get started over here we're doomed as a seroius GT40 forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
In all honesty a finer bunch a guys couldn't be found. They have helped emmensly with the Spring fling each year that benefits Cystic Fibrosis.
Pat, anything I can do to help let me know. I'm sure you will find much info on this forum about your CAV. And congrats on buying a GT40. Carroll's no less... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Pat, Welcome to the Forum. My CAV #8 was a turn key minus. There was almost no fabrication needed. The 302 and getrag dropped in with only a bracket for the altinator needed to be made. The filler tank for the cooling system was moved up about 3" and a vent drain from the intake manifold was " T-eed " into the filler tank to let the air bleed off the top of the engine. This has worked very well. This was done back in December 2002 and I have had no heating problems even being stuck in traffic in 98 degrees. Here is a picture of how it was done on my 40. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 40603-Untitled-1crop.jpg
    40603-Untitled-1crop.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 418

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Thank you for the nice welcome, information, and even a picture!

Well I guess I should can the "stealth" plan, Hersh. I was hoping to sneak in here incognito!

Pat

Back