Gulf GT40 Mirage for sale ...

... if you're feeling rich enough, at Blackhawk Collection at Pebble Beach 13-15 August.

1967 GULF GT40 MIRAGE

1967 gulf gt40 4.jpg

Cheers

Rob

Per Don Williams at Blackhawk: They had several offers for it last year at $4MM. Current asking price (For what that's worth) is $5MM

Photos 2 and 3 have Roy Snook and I in them the guys in the black and white caps.
But don't let that put you off bidding.

Chris

Chris - it's a small world. I thought I'd seen that cap before. I'm afraid it originally put me off bidding the $5m because I decided it must be a Melia Mirage replica, not an original ...

Rob

"THIS CAR HAS THE SECOND BEST RACE HISTORY OF THE GT40 GULF TEAM CARS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DOUBLE LE MANS WINNING CAR #1075."

Can someone explain what that means? It actually has the third best race history? Or do they mean it has the second best history, after 1075?

Per Don Williams at Blackhawk: They had several offers for it last year at $4MM. Current asking price (For what that's worth) is $5MM

I saw this Mirage at Harley Cluxton's shop in 1978 when I went to look at original Mk I GT40 #P1040. Harley's asking price for the Mirage was an outrageous 50 percent more than #1040--$75K vs. $50K--so I bought #1040. What a brilliant financial decision that was! $25K difference in value in 1978, $4+ million difference in 2004. OUCH!! :(

Hi Fran
now why was it you took to the sun instead of wearing your little black and white cap?
I thought you looked well in it and it really helped with identification, especially after a few bears.

Hi Rob
don't worry we spent all that night getting a mould off it, but don't tell Harley.
Chris

Howard Jones

Supporter
Is this car at Blackhawk now? I live 5 mins from there and I could drop over Sat for a look and If I can I will post some pictures.

Pat

Supporter
Is the Mirage body FRP (fiberglass) or alloy? It looks beautiful in the picture.

Veek

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have checked over at the Blackhawk and the car is not there at this time. I will check back with them from time to time and when it returns and is put back on display I'll go over and take some pictures.

Back