Tilton pedal box

I have searched and found lots of info on the forum about tilton pedal boxes, but what are the units that people are using? (model numbers)
Thanks
Simon

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Tilton Floormount 45472-6422

I needed to remove 3/4" between the pedals to accomodate my footbox.

Julian, I am very interested in improving the pedal set up in my 1990 GTD chassis with the extended pedal box mount(moved 1 1/2" forward. Did you have any trouble with the pedals clearing the floor or bottoming out on the front of the Tub? Also does the new gas pedal work well with the new pedal locations?

40Bud,

The tilton top hung fits fine, altho the pedals are wider spaced than the GTD box. Also the pedals are much longer (hence the better ratio) & need to be mounted correctly. there is room to fit the pedals according to the specs given by Tilton.

I spent alot of time trying different positions for the pedalbox, paying special attention to clearance for your right foot around the steering column (RHD car!)

Simon,

Frank Catt does a pedal box to fit. I have had one fitted to mine and with my rather large feet, am very pleased with the results! This was one of the many improvements Frank has made to my car - the transformation in terms of driveability have been phenomenal. All I need to do now is sort out a decent engine!

Hello
Is it possible to get some detailed fotos from the tilton floormounted setup from one of the cars? It would help me alot since i am at that point where i shall decide which brake system to install and there is not much space for pedals in my kva.
regards
Michael linder

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Simon/Linder,
Have a look at the Aussie 3 pedal, floor mounted box made by Guru Motorsport.
I'm fitting one and IMHO they are very well engineered and I know a couple of lads down there are fitting them to some very special cars.
You can catch them on www.gurumotorsports.com

Back