Rear brake upgrade

After my little mishap (see earlier post) I'm thinking about upgrades for the brakes for when I have my car repaired.
I've pretty much decided to go with the Hispec front setup, with a balance bar system and twin master cylinders.
However, when speaking to Hispec the other day, they have told me that they won't be producing their rear calipers (with h/brake) until next year!
Is there a decent "halfway stage" that will allow me to upgrade the rears with something fairly straightforward until I can get for "full upgrade" with the new Hi spec calipers?
I'm not keen on fitting new, more powerful fronts without at least a slight upgrade to the rear.
I have searched the site, but couldn't find anything suitable.
Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,
If you can get them, the Cosworth rear calipers have an integral handbrake & would be a suitable alternative until you can fit the HiSpec units. I know Roy Smart used these until a few years ago & says they are adequate for road use.

Depending on what type of uprights you have (caliper 'slung' @ 6 O'clock or 10 O'clock) you may have to make an adator plate. I fitted a pair of these for Mac Kerr & he is more than pleased with them. Let me know if you need any help as I can supply the adaptor plates or post you a drawing.

Thanks Paul, appreciate the advice.
While my car is off the road, I thought I might make the cable bracket like Mac has. When I met him at the detling show he told me he had a template I could borrow to make it up. Could you let me know how I could get in touch with him.
Thanks
Simon

Back