Heater Core

I have elected not to use the heater core (too high CG, all that crap). Has anyone mounted the electric demisters in their RF? I could either dispense with the plenum and mount one over each of the side holes (leaving the middle unused), or run them into the plenum. Comments?

Pat,
Just go ahead and leave off the heater. Just go ahead and run the demisters as prescribed. The temp knob can be turned down on the air and it will still blow warm air out enough to clear the windscreens. Personally I think if you have it then use it. Why would you not want to run the hoses for the heater...

Hersh:)

Ron Earp

Admin
Pat, on my car the AC and heater are all in one unit. Is this not so with yours?

Personally, I don't think you'll ever notice the difference. In fact, if you're like most of us on the forum, if you ate one less Big Mac a week then you'd notice a bigger difference in handling of the car.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Pat,

The heater and A/C are in the same unite. In Australia we MUST have a heater to comply with the Australian Design Rules to demist the front screen. We all know that the A/C will demist the screen faster but the "rules are the rules". We have many cars that do not connect up the heaters and this is fine. Please do as you will.

Best wishes,

Robert

Glad to see back! How are you feeling?

C'mon guys, I'm teasing about the weight! In Houston, with our humidity, using heaters to defrost doesn't make any sense, unless we're in the dead of winter, which usually last for about two weeks. Just curious if anyone has done it.

Back