Wanna trade your 40 for my Lotus Exige?

Hiya,
The classifieds section wont let me post so I thought I'd say hi here. I am looking to get a GT40 at some point and the MDA Mrk II looks very tempting. But I need to sell my Lotus exige before taking the plunge. Sooooo is there anybody who wants to trade a GT40 for my Lotus? (Fat chance I know...) Also partbuildt kits would be considered as I already have an engine to use (Ford 302 with RPM kit from my Cobra)

Anyway, sorry to waste time, must get back to the web and do more research about the GT40 replicas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Up in Great Dunmow, and have realised that I need to find a GT40 that can fit a 6 foot+ driver or build from scratch to customize the cockpit size. MDA claim that their chassis can fit a large selection of drivers so I might show up at Goodwood for the trackday or at Donny for the show to have poke around the cars.
You still have that KVA chassis for sale?

no sorry its sold
i've got it!!
thanks brett i just need to finish building the garage then i can start on the 40

Carsten,
Try joining both the clubs GT40 EC and GTD Car. They have great articles that may be of help and assitance. In particluar, a good one in Fortyfication (apologies Paul for putting it here) about Tony Hunt's mods to allow him to fit in his GTD. I belive Tony will be at the GTD TRack Day at Goodwood on 23rd August, so come down and have a look. If you are then interested, GTD chassis are now also being produced by Roy Smart, so it may offer another way to go as well as all the other options.

Brett

PS I am by Lakeside

[ QUOTE ]
MDA claim that their chassis can fit a large selection of drivers so I might show up at Goodwood for the trackday or at Donny for the show to have poke around the cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll fit.

I'm 6ft.

Try it for size at Goodwood on 23rd!

Regards,

J.P

Hi there,
I'm not selling, but if you'd like to try my gtd for size, you're more than welcome to come along. It's off the road at the moment and I have removed the pedal box for an upgrade, but it'll give you an idea of a standard size GTD.
I'm in Upminster, Essex.

Simon

ps, tried to email you off forum, but mail returned !!!

Thanks for the info, I will try to make the 23rd for a good look around.

My email has two @@ signs in it, remove one and it should work. I might take you up on the offer on the GTD fitting.

Another quick question,
How do I get a copy of that fortyfication article about the GTD getting modded for taller drivers? (Maybe an option to buy a GTD and modify that..)

I'll donate some money to whomever can provide me with a copy of said article..

Ok.. Exige is now sold (fingers crossed it goes Monday..)
so, I will be mooching around the pits at Goodwood with cash(not literally, if somebody plans to mug me) to burn looking for a GT40..

I am still looking for a car. Roughly 25K budget, GTD wanted, all around discs, correctly registered(VERY important..none of this cortina crap), 302 power, gurney bubble and extended pedal box.. concours condition not important as it will be used for trackdays and driving
So if you have a dusty,correctly registered GTD40 stuck in the garage somewhere..

anything anywhere anybody??

Back