Le Mans Classic 2004 photos

Check out our website www.gt40enthusiastsclub.com for pictures of the Classic. Thanks to those who sent their images - more needed especially of YOUR car in the Club Stand area please. I'd like to have all 31 cars displayed.

Also anyone with a story of troublesome, amusing or just plain straightforward journey please e-mail them to me for inclusion to [email protected]

Some more pics i took from the Classic, tell me if you don't like them or want more ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 42707-PHOTO_017.jpg
    42707-PHOTO_017.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 339
GT40 front, sometimes it is hard to beleive that they are cars built in 1965 ... Even brand new they were in such good conditions ! Only the number plate should be original ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 42713-PHOTO_044.jpg
    42713-PHOTO_044.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 363
Ray Bellm's car on the left, how this guy can go so fast with his car !???

Attachments

• 42728-PHOTO_047.jpg
    42728-PHOTO_047.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 360
In the photo of the white MK1 running next to the silver

Porsche, it appears that this car has an Indy engine,

judging by the exhaust under the modified back glass

(bubble).

Anybody know which car this is?

Bill

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I'm also pretty sure it was Adrian Newey's car, it was very slow getting away.

We were on the grandstand directly opposite the 40s on this start, I have video footage which I might look to transfer sometime. In the first photo of this collection (the one from behind as they are running to get in) I can just make out myself (filming), with Roy Snook & his friend Seb, we're just above the Ford logo on the left hand side!

Attached is another shot of this car (with me next to it) that my Dad took at the Festival of Speed this year.

Max

Attachments

• 43892-CopyofMEwithVRE777G(AdrianNewey)atFOS2004.jpg
    43892-CopyofMEwithVRE777G(AdrianNewey)atFOS2004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 344
Back