Goodwood Weather

With today being better weather than expected - I thought I'd check with the BBC for weather at Goodwood PO18 0PH.

View it here

So fingers crossed - no reason to not come along. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If there are any 'forecasters' out there (David?) what's your opinion?

Malcolm

Supporter
Which way do we drive down Lavant Straight? Is this wind direction a head wind?

Better carry on cleaning the car if it isn't going to rain!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry guys - not paying attention - as it was Sunday and I went to church this morning followed by 'le Royal Oak' followed by 'le rostbif' washed down with a bottle of Italian Barollo.
Today:
Goodwood - Air pressure 30.06" (about 1018mb)gradual fall,
(for those with engine management/ecu), Wind generally southerly 10 to 15 Km/h but occasionally 20 to 25 Km/h, ( I don't know the circuit so I cannot give you components), Ta (air Max around 1600hrs at 21c Tc (circuit) depending on pigment between 38 to 44c in direct sun, Probability of Precip: unlikely during the day but a reasonable chance from approximately 2200hrs increasing to definite by 0200hrs.
Right, back to sleep...............
ps Terrible memory really - which day are we talking about?

David, will we be able to look up to the hill by Goodwood race course and see your GP weather centre feeding us back minute by minute reports - after all thats what you do for the Grand Prix teams ?? Frank

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Frank,
I wish. I'm having a leasurely weekend with the family before setting off to Spa this week for the Gp then another session at Spa two weeks after for the LMES race.
Sooner or later I will find time to bring my machine out to play.
Dave M /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Not that good for Monday Frank.
By midday Monday a cold front lying from the Penines to Brighton and a Trough of Low pressure following in behind and lying Cardiff to Bournemouth. Winds are south- westerley 25 gusting to 35 Km/h. If you have slick tyres, leave them at home. Rain is the main feature for Monday with temperatures in the showers probably only reaching 17 to 18c so with the wind as well, there will definitely be a slight chill factor to cope with. If you are lucky and see some sun you may reach as high as 20c.
Humidity may also be a problem tomorrow so keep a leather to keep the screen inside clean as well. Take plenty of black tape to cover up the vents.
Have fun.
Dave M

Malcolm

Supporter
6.05 AM here and chucking it down. I apologise as clearly cleaning my car has made matters worse! Even the Beeb forecast has just changed to doom and gloom.

Let's just hope that the luck of Goodwood holds as often it can have its own micro climate different from anywhere around it.

Fingers crossed....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Malcolm,
A short(ish) spell mid to late morning of reduced and occasionally no rain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifthen another band of rain this afternoon as the trough of Low Pressure comes across
your position. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif QNH (sea level) 1009.3 Falling. Dont know your elevation so Baro (QFE) in your position
reduce 3.3 millibars for every 100ft AMSL. <font color="red"> </font>
Dave M

ps: I don't do sunshine.....

And with the benefit of hindsight it was very wet up to about 10:00 am (I drove about 100 miles in teaming rain just proving you can have an almost leakproof 40!). It then dried out until about 2:30 when we had a heavy shower but then the track dried again until the end of the day. All in all a good result after the torrential down pours we have had over the last few weeks.

More importantly and brilliant day out with excellent track time for all. Congratulations and thanks to Frank Catt and the GTD Car Club.

Hi Guys
I second Dave's comments a really great day out and I think it must have been a record breaking day with more 40's gathered together than ever before, did we get 50?

Regards
Chris.

Sorry i didn't make it - damn....

I got to guildford and the 40 cut out and refused to start again for over an hour!

Once it did start again - I didnt have the guts to continue - so turned around and headed for home. Car behaved itself all the way home - to conk out again on the drive - Arggggghhhh.

I hope everybody had a good time.

Simon

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I flew in from Hong Kong yesterday morning to get to Goodwood and it was worth every second of the tedious nineteen hours trip home.
My personal congratulations go to JP, Frank Catt and the rest of the GTD Club team who organised a memorable day.
The more of these the better.

Incidentally, the Hong Kong weather was just as temperamental.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
A great day, I enjoyed meeting all you guys, and the parade was great, next time hope to be ready for some track time too. Very impressed with the high standard of the cars, and the commitment of the drivers. Im in the midlands now, ready to go back to scotland wednesday a.m. One servo making some wonderfully eerie whistling noises from time to time, so I think I need to look at the air valve again. Easy enough, and pleased that there are no other problems so far. Again well done everybody and thanks to Frank Catt for my special 9 hole steering wheel centre and his hard work on the day.
hope to see you again soon.
regards
Dave

Malcolm

Supporter
DaveBilyk

Just looking at your picture under your name above and conclude that it is very appropriate for a post about this particular track day! I may be the only one but I thought the sprinkling of rain spiced the day up quite nicely!

To ensure a place for next year, keep in touch with the club committee to get next years entry forms. It would be great to have some new full day drivers.

Really sorry I couldn't make it to this years excellent event but family commitments prevented it.
Following a rather trying day last year when it was going through some early teething troubles, I am pleased to say my Mallock RML GT40 is now pretty well sorted so I guess no excuse for next year !!
Thanks to Frank Catt for trying really hard to pursuade me to attend.

I would like to echo the sentiments expressed above. This was my first experience of driving a track day and it was fantastic! Even though the weather was a little erratic, it added to the excitement (a little too much on one occasion as I managed to spin off quite spectacularly!) This was also the first UK outing for my car following its metamorphosis from a mkIII to a mkI (I will post more on this with photos, in due course). My personal thanks to Frank Catt and all the others who made the day such a great success – I know organizing something like this takes a lot of time and effort, which all of us who benefited, should not take for granted.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Do you want a weather info service next year as well ? I came into this one a bit late but I will get our resident meteorologist Victoria on the job for 2005. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Dave M

Back