Ultima smashes 0-100-0 record

Thats pretty cool, notice the flames at the back end from raw fuel out the exhaust , just as the car stops .

Ultimas are such ugly cars aren't they - although they do seem to go a bit! You would think that given a chance to design a car from scratch they wouldn't come up with something that looks so hunched up...

It sounds like he shut down the engine when he reached 100MPH.
A little compression aided braking perhaps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'd love to know what gear ratios he has in that G50!
I'd be willing to bet that they aren't stock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Like Mark stated, with better front brake bias, he might have shaved
another tenth or two. You'd think the car would have nosed dived a lot more,
trying to stop that fast.
Still, pretty damn quick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

That's just plain wrong!

Holy shit, that's fast. Yeah, maybe more front brake bias - if it has bias adjustment.

Not the best looking car, but clearly very good at getting the job done!

Ron Earp

Admin
I like it! Having never been a fan of the McLaren (horror of horrors!) I don't mind a bit if a car takes that title away. Man that thing is fast and I don't find it as ugly as some here. Oddly though, with my dislike of open/convertible cars, I like the Can Am version quite a bit.
Ron

[ QUOTE ]
Thats pretty cool, notice the flames at the back end from raw fuel out the exhaust , just as the car stops .

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those flames, or the brake lights? (which otherwise don't seem to be working).

American Speed (the engine shop that built the engine for it) has a very good reputation for building top quality Chevy small blocks. Very cool!

John

Back