Stories from Club Trackday

Malcolm

Supporter
I have just been speaking with Paul (Club Mag Editor) and to help put together an article to do our recent track day justice we would like to have as many stories and tit bits as possible about your experiences of the day. This could be as a driver or a spectator, with or without a 40.

To this end please could anyone who wants to, send me a PM with a paragrapgh or two (well, as much as you like really!) recalling your memories, moments or thoughts about the day, good or bad. These then can be collated into what hopefully will be a more interesting account of the day for those that didn't make it.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Malcom,

I have some video of the cars on the parade lap and after. I can cut them down to a downloadable size if you're interested in putting them on the site?

Simon

Simon -

Great to see you Monday - If you would like to email me the file - I presume it is an Mpeg/Avi/WMV file - I'll post accordingly, with full credit/thanks.

Please keep file size below 10MB or if on DV tape - you can mail it to me if you prefer and I'll generate the mpg and return tape.

Either way - thanks - I'm sure people would be keen to see/hear what all the fuss is about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Footage from the camera car was great. The combination of a 25mph side wind and 70-80mph driving speed hampered the sound on occasion.

BUT we've got some really good footage.

My cousin, Jules, was driving. He was enjoying the S4 a litlle too much, Dr John and myself had to ask him a number of times to slow down and let the pack through! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But was nothig compared to Mike Wilds driving the S4 earlier in the morning, running very wide at Lavant corner and onto the grass!!!

Hi Guys

I'm really sorry I didn't make it - not for the lack of trying though!

I got as far as Guildford when the GT40 cut out completely - almost as if I had switched it off! The rev counter started behaving irratically - bouncing up and down, then nothing. It refused to start for over 3/4's of an hour. This is getting me down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any ideas as to what the problem is now? could it be ignition - ooil, short circuit somewhere when the car gets hot? I don't know where to start....

Apologies for raising questions in your thread - I'm glad everybody had a good(wood) time and look forward to seeing the pictures and video(s) from the day

Kind regards
Simon

Hi Simon
have you got an electronic ignition or points? If you have points check the gaps and if you still have trouble change the condenser.
You may also have a crack in the distributor cap?

Chris

Hi Chris and Paul

I have an MSD system - so will check the for good earth this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions

Kind regards
Simon

Back