Rear Deck Latch Handles.

Pat

Supporter
I've pulled the Tee Handle off the rod to open the rear deck. Does anyone have a source or suggestion for a replacement? Using pliers at the gas station is not at all stylish.

Thanks,
Veek

Make your own. That's what the milling machine is for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 42963-mill.jpg
    42963-mill.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 497

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Veek,

Just out of curiosity, what Tee handle for the rear deck?? I don't recall seeing one of these on a GT40.

Regards,
Lynn

The CAV's have a pair of hood latches in the rear to provide a more secure hold-down than the side clips. You can see the engine compartment side of things here:
35678-engine.jpg

The release handle is made of plastic and has been known to break (or come off) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I am considering the same release mechanism for my car. I plan to alter it a little by having a cable system and bell crank or pull mehanism similar to the BMW, forward and beside the drivers seat on the left. That way I can open both mechanisms from one location.
Bill

Bill,

That est up is exactly what ERA uses. When adjusted just right, you can pull the inside handle and both catches release at the same time. When adjusted just right is the key.

Chuck
ERA GT 2064

I broke one of the handles on my CAV. I made a steel sleeve, painted it black and stuck the whole thing together with JB weld. looks good and works fine.

Vic
CAV 40

Veek, just broke one of mine fitting the rear clip. What did you eventually use for a handle? Thanks, Tom... I know I owe you a call....

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Veek, I know Porsche used to use that type of "T" handle on the early 911/912/914's. Perhaps you could check your local dealer/wrecker for the handle and cable.

Pat

Supporter
Tom,
I ended up using a handle from Pep Boys "Help" section. It is a generic hood release. I needed something that had the wire already bonded. It took a little trimming but it works fine.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I liked the resulting piece of mine so much I did this to the front nostril cover.

Attachments

• 53997-HPIM0113a.jpg
    53997-HPIM0113a.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 492
Frank, thanks for the links, really cool site! These Aerocatches look like the solution to the problem. They look like they were made for a GT 40. The size is perfect.The price is not bad either. I would spend more money in fuel chasing parts to make my own system. I saved the site for the US distributer for future use also!

Back