P1139

Does anyone know who is the owner of P1139? It is at a Ford dealers close to me and I'm going down Sat. morning and take pictures of it.
Nathan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

This will be a Safir MK V. Don't know who the owner is. Last I heard it was up for sale for over $900,000 - and that seems a lot of money for a MK V, whatever its spec.

Rob

And 1138 is currently on ebay and below reserve at the current bid of $130,100. I think this is the car that RM has tried to sell a couple of times. I don't think its ever gone over a couple hundred.

Good call - it looks like the auction's now been cancelled. It was very misleading to anyone who doesn't know what a MK V is - the year 1965 got a number of mentions, but the showroom reference was just pure fiction.

Rob

Darn those guys pulling the auction. I was just about to offer my matching ERA, my two 911's and my home in exchange! Boy was my wife (and daughter) going to be pissed. My son, on the otherhand, thought living in a GT40 was a splendid idea.

Just regrets at this point,

Chuck

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This is nonsense, if they are indeed claiming that. These automobiles were not even thought about in 1965; hell, the Mark III and IV cars weren't thought of then. Claiming that these are cars from the sixties is fraud and they should be ashamed of themselves. It is ridiculous. There are some people who will say anything to make a buck.
Several of these cars were titled using the identities of other old Ford vehicles to get them into the country. This may be what is going on. I have heard, for example, of late model classic Mini-Coopers brought into the USA using the serial number from a 1972 car which was in fact scrapped. However that is a title or identity switch from one Mini to another, with the knowledge of both parties, buyer and seller. Although it may flout the import laws, it is not fraud. Representing a car built in the 80s or 90s as one built in the 60s IS fraud, and reprehensible to say the least.

[ QUOTE ]
Now 1134 is up claiming to be from 1965 too !

[/ QUOTE ]

The text and photo from the description of 1134 looks exactly like the description of 1139 that was on ebay. I wonder if this is the same car, and they misread/typo'd the chassis number.

In either case, 1965 is not a typo.

Back