GTD lower front wishbone removal

Hi Simon -

Pending on how much foam has been applied to your inner sections - it can be a real pain getting to the bolts - esp the rear.

However, a neat trick is to cut a pair of 2" access holes either side of bolt through the outer ally panelling (inside wheel arch). You can then access the bolts through these. After refitting, cover the access holes with a couple of oval ally covers suitably screwed in place.

Hope that makes sense and this picture might help - (not my handywork...)

Attachments

• 43242-FrontBushAccess.JPG
    43242-FrontBushAccess.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 329

Malcolm

Supporter
Yup, it's a pain!

I have done something similar to what Paul mentions above, however on my car on the passenger side I can get spanners/sockets onto the nuts via a single extra hole that I cut just in front of the rear suspension joint. Use of extension bars takes it to the front suspension joint nut.

On the drivers side I can access all nuts and bolt without extra holes cut into anything.

But it is a bit tight and requires some fiddling with socket extensions and UJ's! In addition when assembling for the first time, with tons of access, bear in mind which way you want the bolts put through the hole to allow easier removal in the future.

Simon,
I also have done something similar to what Paul & Malcolm describe, you are more than welcome to come over & take a look. This mod really does make access much easier & should be done as a matter of course if you are building from scratch.

Back