Jet hot coating cleaning

Howard Jones

Supporter
My car is back from the paintshop and I wondering hot to get overspray off jet hot coating. For that matter this would be a good place to put any good ideas for cleaning HPC type coatings in general.

Will paint remover remove jet hot coating?

Can this stuff be repolished?

Any good products you guys have used to clean or polish jet hot?

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
The local outfit that ceramic coats my parts says that you can clean and polish the coating with a mild metal polishing compound such as Flitz. Jet Hot may differ. Might be worth a call...

Howard Jones

Supporter
So as to add to the information base I have learned that by deluting paint remover by 1/4 with water and carefully applying to the paint with a brush the paint came off and did not soffen the jethot. I was very careful not to leave the remover/water on any longer than needed to soffen the paint and quickly removed my mixture along with flushing with water right away.

I never tried full strenght paint remover and 50/50 didn't seam to work

Worked for me.

Gentlemen,
I had Jet Hot coatings put on my Kellison Stallion headers in 1995. What i do to clean and preserve them is as follows. I use verry soft Scotch Brite (grey) with alcohol or a mild cleaner to clean off any road grime that splashes up on them. Then I use a product called "Wenol" to finish the cleaning job. If you really polish them with the "RED" wenol they will look almost like Chrome. Mine are the Silver colored coatings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Guys,

This is a great subject for discussion, but it really should be in the "FAQs, Tips, and How Tos" forum.

Howard, if you have any deep seated objections to moving this thread to the other forum, send me a pm or email. Otherwise, I'll move it this evening (before tomorrow).

Regards,
Lynn

Howard Jones

Supporter
Wenol can be found at www.properautocare.com

Then, exterior car care, metal polish, wenol metal polish, pages in this order.

Lynn go ahead and move it. The idea is to build a data base for the next guy, right. I got my paint off and am going to try the wenol when I have some time.

Back