Brighton Speed Trials

Malcolm

Supporter
"The time has come," young JP said, "to show these boys I'm as good as I said!"

Will he, won't he?

Come to Brighton on Saturday 11th Sept and see us all run the 1/4 mile dash that has caused so much discussion on this forum about times, speeds and BS!

Action all day but the 40's should have finished (unless Wendy makes the top 12 run off!) by mid to late afternoon.

If anyone gets the list of runners, can they post the details here?

See you all Saturday..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is really where we want David Mortons help. Forecast at Monday says Saturday is WET, so is it slicks, wets or stay at home ?

Can't wait......

Will anyone be the first in the Uk to crack the 11's?

ps - Better let Wendy drive first Malc - just in case you break it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and don't forget that the party continues at 8pm when the Dave Wilson memorial trophy gets presented at the Brighton and Hove Clubhouse for fastest GT40 - Got your polish ready James???

Attachments

• 43417-Wendy.JPG
    43417-Wendy.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 244
[ QUOTE ]
This is really where we want David Mortons help. Forecast at Monday says Saturday is WET, so is it slicks, wets or stay at home ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank,

It'll be dry have faith! 21 Degrees C, SUN!! and a 20mph South Westerly. It does look like rain in the evening though.

Looks like we might have perfect conditions!

We've got some nice competition too!

Lambo Murcielago
F40
F50
Ford Puma, You know the one!
Metro 6R4
TVR Cebera 4.5
TVR Tuscan 6.0
A.C Cobra 7.0
Bentley C GT

And many more...

Frank.. Like you say Ferrari are just "cannon fodder". Lets see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

J.P

P.S Apparantly my gearchange is "sexual"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and don't forget that the party continues at 8pm when the Dave Wilson memorial trophy gets presented at the Brighton and Hove Clubhouse for fastest GT40 - Got your polish ready James???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll use wax! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And dont forget Ians going in his OMS with the single seater guys, his little 988cc will see off all you 5000cc guys !! Of course it only weighs 350Kg. Frank

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I've just done a forecast for a wedding in Haywards
Heath for Friday and I've told the groom to use slicks but have inters ready.
IN A FEW WORDS - IT AIN'T GOOD FOR BRIGHTON OVER THE WEEKEND.
I'll cobble up something tonight and post it here.
When do I get paid ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I wish I could be there !!!
Dave M

David,

Where do you get your info from?

The Met office, Brighton Marina and the BBC are all forecasting dry for the day and rain during the night.

I notice that there is a low pressure forming in the atlantic with a cold front. However we might be lucky and see the current high pressure push to low to the north, which is a common occurance.

Friday forecast is 26 degress C and sunny for Sussex. Are you sure you're on the right Planet David?

[ QUOTE ]
They also say 32 and sun in Valencia and its raining currently......

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'll work on experience on Brighton weather. I've been a man of the sea since 13 years old. I know these waters well. You gota look out for the sea monsters mind! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
All,
Where is the trials being held precisely ?
I've never been to Brighton but will definitely try to get down to see you all this Saturday.

Park in the multi storey car park at the back of the Grand Hotel. Walk towards the Palace Pier. It'll be right in front of you, its on the bottom road leading to the Marina.

Practise is at 9am, timed runs 11 ish. The real action starts when the MDA 001 blows eveything into the sea!

Jim, its worth a visit. Paddock entrance is a tenner! I'll be there with Mark and Andrew! Oh And fifteen topless models!

Regards,

J.P

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
JP,
As a man of the sea I bow to your local knowledge and will stand aside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Have a nice time - I will be in a wet Spa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Dave M

Cheers David,

Should be fine, if we were the other side of the South Downs it would be a different story I'm sure. We'll have a good breeze, especially if the sun holds! SW Force 4-5.

Regards,

J.P

Back