Trackday 9th November anyone?

Malcolm

Supporter
I am looking for people who wish to register serious interest in a noisy trackday (105 Db) at Goodwood on Tuesday 9th November. Limited places but cost is under £200 per car. If you wish to be contacted please either send me an email or leave your name on this thread. Cars don't have to be GT40's but must be suitable to mix with GTDs plus other serious machinery. First come first served basis will be used.

Yep Malc, as said on Saturday I'll come along with the MDA. Should be firing on all cylinders then!

Regards,

J.P

Malcolm

Supporter
Just to clarify, there will only be 20 cars max on the day so lots of driving time should be had by all. I am aiming to fill 10 places only and already have confirmed 5 places. JP and CK, I will be coming to you for money soon.

Malcolm

Supporter
Entry for this event is now closed, all places taken and paid for.

Spectators are welcome as usual. Apart from GTD40s we have coming the following types of car

XK 120
Lynx D Type
Proteus C Type
Jaguar E Type
Tojeiro Jaguar
Lister Chevrolet
Maserati 450S
Ferrari 360
Ultima Sport
Rover Sdi race car
MDA 40

Fingers crossed for good weather.

Great cars - Great People - Great time.....

Special thanks to Andrew for drive of his GTD - the grip of those 'Avon CRZs' is outstanding! (he seemed to enjoy Roys GTD too!)

+ a big thanks to Bjorn for letting me loose in his Jaguar C-Type - my first drive in an open top car ever! (as driver) and most enjoyable - albeit bloody cold!!

I was particularly impressed with the torque characteristics of the 3.2L Six... - very nice....

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Were there any photos taken? Were there any timed laps?
Did JP's MDA get to perform in anger??
How did the Rover go?????
Comparisons b/w GT40/Ultima/F360???

Just curious......

Bill.

Malcolm

Supporter
JP's MDA? Engine still not fixed after his pre Brighton problems so he was running around in his rather nice Audi. So no, MDA did not run in anger but JP did!

The Rover was quite fun. Same colour scheme as the slippery surface flags which amused the marshals enormously. The driver was a new owner so was playing himself in gently. Nice car though.

360 didn't show. This Ultima was much slower than the 40's. I say this Ultima, as Keith who owns it has two. His other is a GTR Can Am car with 630 bhp and is much much faster. Like bloody hell fast! The one on the day was a more standard Chevy 350 powered unit and combined with the mildly greasy track, it was not going flat out. In my experience, I have yet to see Ultima's go fast as 40's on circuits. Never seen one on the hill climbs or sprints.

No timed laps by anyone as all timing gear is now banned for insurance reasons.

It drizzled with rain until the drivers briefing but then stayed dry till just after circuit closed in the afternoon. However conditions were not ideal for super quick laps as greasy in the morning, dry circuit around middle of the day and then after the XK120 clouted the chicane tyre wall putting a lot of water onto the circuit, it was mega slippery towards the end of the day. I had issues with cold tyres towards the end as air and track temperatures dropped as well. Normal November UK conditions!

What was nice for me was that my car went through the 25,000 mile barrier whilst on circuit, so that is a milestone reached in my car. Now for the next 25,000 miles....

Back