Last GTD price list?

Ok..|I am trying to cut thru the BS and fun with finding a good value car in the kit car world

Does anybody have a copy of the last set of GTD prices before they ceased? Can somebody email me a copy so I have a general idea of what the kits'n'bits cost back then..

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Hi Carsten,

I may still have one from around 1999 or 2000 on my computer at home. Let me know if that is any use and I will try to track it down.

Cheers, Brian.

I am not sure if this will help you much,as all I have are old US prices. However old pricing doesn't mean much because what you will end up paying is current value and that will be determined by what the markets are doing! GTD were selling various packages, as follow: Starter kit-basic chassis, body, fuel tanks, windows and suspension.@ $20,000; Phase 1 which added brake parts, clutch linkage, gear shifter,steering connections, door handles and a light package, @$24,000: Phase 2 added radiator and fans, fuel lines and pumps, Transaxle and adaptor stuff, handbrake set up and motor and tranny mounts,@$30,000; Phase 3 added flywheel and clutch assem., driveshafts and C/V joints, guage package, all upholstery and seats in vinyl, dash uncovered, steering wheel, wheels and tires, alternator, wiring and all switches and relays, mirrors seat runners etc., @ $37,000. This included shipping to the east coast of the USA and this would be about 1995 pricing. Good luck.

Carsten,
I think I have some of their old documentation around somewhere at home, except I'm in Germany until the weekend. What bits are you looking at/for, as prices may have changed, or parts may have been upgraded as the originals are no longer available. Give me a call you have my number (but after Friday evening please)

Brett

FYI

1999 Price List

Body Chassis Package

included:

front body section including front light boxes
front nostril
centre section
rear section with flat finishing panels
door and pockets
sills
Fully triagulated space frame chasis with suspension brackets
front upper and lower wishbones
rear radius arms
rear lower A frames
rear uppper radius arms
fitting pack etc and suspension bushes fitted.

£4665 +VAT

That was nearly 6 years ago, I believe Tornado have similar pricing today! Maybe the North is not subject to the same inflation found here in the South! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Think about contacting Roy Smart if you are after a GTD chassis, he's making them again, and I here they are very, very well made.

Alternativelty, a more expensive option, but quite different would be MDA. www.gt40uk.com

Regards,

J.P

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Carsten,

Tried emailing you the price list but it bounced back. Please email me so I can use your return address.

Brian.

Carsten,

I heartily endorse JP's comments. The new Roy Smart GTD chassis is a cracking piece of work. I'm sure you could contact him about going to see one if he's got one on the go.
Simon

A Reminder of Roys GTD Chassis...

Attachments

• 43927-117_1768PIC1.JPG
    43927-117_1768PIC1.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 350
Back