GT40 in Le Mans museum

I just came back from vacation in France. I had never been to Le Mans & did a stop over. Amazing, significant cars. I thought I would never get to see in my life. I saw them all under one roof. Bentley's, Bugatti's, Ferrari's, etc. Wonderful stuff! I wish there was something remotely close in western Canada. (I would work there for free!).
There was an original white GT40 there. I am very interested to know more about it. Does anyone have any information? It looked unrestored but still looked great. I wish that I could have been able to walk around the car to see more of the detail. It was a super experience. I wished that I could have joined you all who were there at the Le Mans classic. Maybe next year;)

Is this the car? I saw a white GT40 at Retromobile in Paris last year on the museum's stand.

The sign said it was driven by Henri Greder and Pierre Dumay at LeMans in '67, but didn't finish because of engine problems in the 14th hour.

The Ronnie Spain book says that chassis number is 1020. It was briefly owned by Sbarro before it was sold to the museum.

(right click on the photo and click "view image" for a better view of the photo)

Attachments

• 43965-GT40-9t.jpg
    43965-GT40-9t.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 372
Hi,

You're right, Le Mans Museum is a fantastic please for any passionate.
The museum owns the car for more than 20 years now.
It was a car entered and owned by Ford France, Jo Schlesser was the main driver, and the race head of the team was H. Chemin.
Great chance frenchies that it's now in a safe place at Le Mans !
All the best

Back