New To The Site

Just recently purchase a GTD GT40 that was built in 1997 here in the US. Car only has 1,200 miles on it. 289 HIPO with Webers. Had 4 Cobra over the past 8 years and thought I'd try something new. This is really a great site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Gary -

Welcome to the GT40s.com community - we are all very friendly (or mostly) and I'm sure you'll find all the information or any support you may need from its members.

Enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you would like to email me details of your car - I'll add it to the club's Website Register. - cheers.

Hi Gary - I think we've seen that photo before - looking at the headlight recesses (one black/one white) it looks like 'snakeeyes' GTD from a previous thread. If so, then you may not know it but your car's already on Paul's register.

Enjoy!

Rob

Your right this is Snakeeyes old car. He and I are both in the Texas Cobra Club. I recently sold my 4th Cobra, had a SPF with Keith Craft 427 small block stroker that Dynoed at 640 HP. Right after I sold it a close friend told me Bob was thinking about selling his GT40 as he is considering a change in careers. Well we put together a sale and I love the car. Redoing a bunch of stuff plus more detail work. That pic with one black and white eye is very old Bob gave me but most of my new pic were too big to put up. Look forward to communicating with you guys. I work for Ford Motor Copany and have had ton of performance Fords, Boss Mustangs, Pantera, Fairlane, Street Rods and Cobras but always wanted a GT40. Several of my Dallas Dealers are getting the new Ford GTs, in fact one is getting 4 of them but only selling one. They are up to $ 215,000 to $ 220,000 now. I really like the way the GTD is built. Still has the same powertrain (289/webers) but I have plans down the road to put a bigger Keith Craft Stroker small block in it. If you haven't heard about Keith, he is a big Pro 5 Ford engine builder and seems to get a lot more HP than the others. He is now building big 427s for the Cobra guys but his specialty is Ford Small blocks if you call a 427 or 454 small block "Small". He has a great site at http://www.keithcraft.com/new_site/index.htmlThanks for the warm welcome!

Back