Wanted: source of supply for new tyres

Hello everybody,

a friend of mine is looking for new tyres for his Tornado because the "originals" are now over 14 years old....

Does anybody know where to get the dimension 265/60-15 and 215/50-15, speed index V, in a european street legal version? At the moment he has some BF Goodrich tyres, but they seem to be no longer available in this dimensions.

Thanks for your help!

Volker

Volker,

Andrew Fordyce strongly recommends following Avon tires:

Front 215/60R15 94V A29CR6ZZ
Rear: 245/60R15 101V A29CR6ZZ

available at Cooper Avon Tires in UK
[email protected]

They are roadlegal and are good for track aswel as per Andrew.

Rgds
Fred

Fred,

I checked the Avon website and didn't find the CR6ZZ tyres in the named dimensions - they are only listed in 245/65-15, and the picture of the pattern looks like a truck tyre....

Are you absolutely sure this tyres are recommended for a GT40? Please take a look at www.avonracing com/frames.htm and check the picture of the CR6ZZ tyres under "Road Legal" - they really don't look like sports tyres.

But that's only one thing - the other is that in Germany it's not as easy as in other countrys to change the tyre dimensions. If the car papers say: 265/60 15 VR, you have to use this dimension - or pay a lot of money for TÜV engineers for the permission to use another dimension....

Regards,
Volker

CR6ZZs don't look like modern sports tyres because they have a historic tread pattern.
I have them on my car and they are very sticky and I would recommend them for both wet and dry use.
Last I heard, Avon were making different sizes, so it may be worth a phone call in case their web site is out of date.

Volker,
I did not know regulatory restriction in your country on wheel dims.
If you require more info I believe the best is to liaise with Andrew Fordyce as he is an expert in testing all tires.
You can find his email on the site.
Rgds
Fred

Back