Le Mans Classic Video Footage

MWGT40

Supporter
Unfortunately my in-car footage of the parade lap of the Le Mans Classic managed to get the tops of the trees and little else as I hadn't correctly checked the angle of the camcorder before setting off (doh!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

However, I am very keen to get any footage that I can of my car on the Le Mans circuit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif So if any of you have some that you wouldn't mind sharing I would GREATLY appreciate it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks, Martin

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I expect I probably have footage of you whizzing past me on mine, as virtually everybody else did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (I was having a few problems!). It was taken by my passenger on his digital camera (which also does video). I think I have it on my PC at home, otherwise it's a bit difficult to get hold of him at present - he's at the summit of Choy Oyu (6th highest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif). I'll take a look to see if I can see your car, '6 GTD' isn't it?

I obtained some pretty useful digital video footage of a complete lap of the Circuit du Mans, captured several 40's both through the front screen and a neat shot looking rearward through the induction trumpets but the only car I recognised was Brian Magee's.
I am currently attempting to find out how to transfer the mini DV tape on to DVD. Any suggestions are welcome.

Chris,

Most newer computers with DVD burners can capture video from an outside source. Try an "S-video cable" between your camera and computer(most computers and cameras come equipped with them). Download (capture)the video from the camera to your hard drive, then you will be able burn it on a DVD.
That's the simplified version, but basically covers it. Your camera or computer's instruction book should have a section on doing this.

Bill

Hi Chris,

Its relatively straighforward though can be very time consuming. You do need a fast PC (or Mac) decent video editing software and naturally a burner. Since you have a DV tape the best connection to the PC is Firewire (aka IEEE488) which is digital and results in zero quality loss.

I produced a Video/DVD of the 2002 Le Mans trip and have been asked if I would collate a DVD for the club of this year's. To do a half decent job is a lot of work (e.g. burning alone takes hours - though at least you can watch TV when this is running!) but I might be persuaded!! NB Chris Edwards.

Unfortunately my video camera switched itself off just before our run around the circuit so I have no personal footage this time, and last time I had about 8 minutes of terrific shots of the Armco /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bill, Dave, Thanks for the recommendations and which sound straight forward enough. I'll pass on a copy to the Enthusiasts Club.
For those of you who were in the gaggle of cars which included the twirp in the Jenson who finished up with flats on his front tyres, all of the action was caught by my brilliant navigator and camera man, Mr John Wisher !!

Dave
Hopefully it won't take much to persuade you ! What will it cost???!! I'm sure all of the members of the club would be eternally grateful, would be extremely complimentary, buy you a drink, pay for your Christmas meal at the Bullington Cross, pay your ferry fare to Le Mans 2006 (perhaps not!! ) - you get the drift!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who were in the gaggle of cars which included the twirp in the Jenson who finished up with flats on his front tyres

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris,

I nearly mentioned that as well. He was just in front of us, so you & I probably filmed the same (first chicane down Mulsanne?). I briefly thought there was going to be some carnage, but luckily just one Jensen driver looking silly. Before anyone else wonders, it definitely wasn't Peter Thompson as he was on the track in his 40, not his Jensen.

Not sure if you were just in front or behind of me, but would be interested in seeing your footage anyway. I'll wait & see if Dave gets persuaded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I will pass my own footage on as well.

Max

Back