Isle of Man 2005....

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry to say that today I spoke with Chris Maitlin of the Manx Motor Racing Club on the IoM and he confirmed that it is massively unlikely that there will be a Three Hills Challenge in 2005. However they are seriously working on something special for 2006. I will reveal all in the club magazine...

Having just returned from competing in the Retromotor das Oldtimer event at Tubingen, Germany, I would highly recommend this as a holiday event of a lifetime. Besides a major hill climb on the third saturday in September, there is an all night rally the night before and a trackday is available at Hockenhiem next day. The Nurburgring is within driving distance and Spa Francorchamps on the way home. Think about it, all that in one trip, next year ?.

Yep,

Thats more like it. Proper bloody tracks where we can stretch the 40's right out. A week of pure fortyism. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malc,

2006?? Bloody hell! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Forward planning. And on that note I suggest we do our best to ensure we all think about Brighton Speed Trials. Its the 100th Anniversary, from what I hear it will be a very special event, with limited entry.

Pity about Isle of Man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Regards,

J.P

Malcolm

Supporter
Frank, Please can you list out all the costs of the hill climb, track day and rally plus let me know who to contact so this can be considered. It would clash with our current planned season at the moment.

Thanks

Malcolm

Supporter
Frank, Any chance you could provide the information asked for to allow the club to consider this event as a possible addition to the calendar? Or am I too young to partake?

Back