Still for sale.

I still have the following items for sale:

1 power head heater with combined evaporator unit (never used):- £200
1 pair of replica Guerney Weslake valve covers (never used):- £18

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Paul,

I have been too embarassed to ask before, but what is a power head heater?

Chris,

How tall are these valve covers?

Thanks,
Lynn

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

Will you be doing any more when those are gone? I would like some but don't need/can't afford right now!

Lynn,
I think the "Power Head Heater" is only a product name. Basically the unit comprises of a twin rotary fan with single motor & heater with a combined Air Con Evaporator unit. Unit size is: 410mm W x 280mm D x 120mm H
It is mnfr'd by ACME Automotive Accessories (Radiator & Air Conditioning) Serial #300097
A very neat unit that will fit to the passenger side of the car at 90 degrees to the front bulkhead.
After all that info the unit is now sold!

Valve cover details: They are std Ford 6 bolt fixing & overall height is 3.89"/98.8mm & internal height is 3.94"/100.1mm.

Hi Lynn

They are the same height as the Ford Motorsport covers and will take up to 1/2" of valve lift.

Russ
These may be the last five sets.

I Understand that Paul had some clearance problems as the engine sits quite high in the GTD space frame chassis
Chris.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Paul, Thanks very much. The unit sounds much like the one I got out of a Vintage Air Mini Space Saver unit. I bought the unit and then cut it apart to use most of the components which included a neat coil unit that provided both the evaporator and heater core in one. The vacuum motor driven dampers valves also came in handy for controling introduction of outside air on demand; They have these cute little electric solenoid controllers for the vacuum.

Chris, using the inverted Porsche gives me plenty of room for the valve covers, but using the Jack Roush intake doesn't! I put the Jesel shaft mounts on one of my AFR heads last night and the classic "Powered by Ford" covers fit over them, but stock EFI covers did not. It is going to be a real balancing act to find covers that clear the rockers and the intake at the same time. I am afraid I will end up having to fabricate a set of covers (part of the reason I accidently bought an AC/DC Tig welder the other day; one of those eBay deals where you end up winning the ones you don't really care about ;-)

Regards,
Lynn

Hi Lynn

We have fitted the Weslake covers with Jesel shaft mounts but we did have to remove a little bit of material with a mill from under the oil filler as it sits on a thicker plinth.
Chris.

Back