Tornado on eBay

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
This Tornado is located in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey.

cramgt40 says, "Tornado 1966 GT-40 extremely accurate reproduction . Body made of original factory molds. Aluminum skinned space frame.

Featured on the cover of “Kit Car” Magazine . Car valued at over $140,000. The car can still be seen in back issues of "Kit Car". Full Aero equipped, very highly detailed.

Features: Dropped floor pan, Ford SVO GT-40 Spec engine, Weber Carbs, Ceramic coated replica cross over exhaust headers, Leather seats, Chrome suspension components, Ceramic coated Anti Roll bars, A/C, 2 fuel cells and 2 fuel pumps, Hi Torque Starter, 5-Speed, Renault Limited slip diff, removable roof tops, Removable GT-40 steering wheel,4 point seat harness, less than 100mi on Odometer."

Check it out here.

Lynn

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Tim this is the sister car to your car (except for the shift). This is the car that I was talking about it was the second car that Robert built.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Yeah Rick, I saw that. It appears he has the same wide front wheel base stance as mine. Must be something Tornado designed in their chassis that aligns the wheels outward a tad, or maybe simply the wheel backspacing or knock-off adapter.

Actually, the shift is the same as mine. Left hand, not 'yuk'. It's not only unique and a conversation piece but I truly enjoy the switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

$140,000 my a** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif and 100 mi !? Mine was built in 1995 and I have 1000 mi I personally put on it, the odometer says 2400 mi. Who really knows how many miles on these chassis'. Albeit, the car for sale does look pretty well maintained by the pics available. But it's far from the drive train you have in your GTD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back