Door Interior - paint color

Hey guys, now that I'm serious about getting the car painted by end of next month, I am wrestling with how to finish the inside of the door. I am considering painting the inside of the door the same color as the body (with a black leather door pocket for accent). Has anyone done anything like this? Can't make up my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and thought a few photos of one done this way might help make up my mind.
Thanks

Colin,

My doors are painted/trimmed exactly as you describe. I had photos of them, but the floppy took a crap on me. I'll shoot some new ones later, and post them for you.

Bill

I've seen both body color and blacked out (usually satin).
Body color is more attractive...blacked out is easier
to apply and can be easily repaired if scratched.
You take's your pick.

MikeD

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I have done my doors in the dark blue body colour, & will just get some trim done around the opening (and arm rests) in black leather. I am inclined to prefer leaving the access hole open, rather than having an opening hatch cover - I'll give it a try & see how it works out.

The attached pic is of Steve Shedden's door trim (I trust he won't mind).

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• 44918-SSDoorTrim15-09-01.jpg
    44918-SSDoorTrim15-09-01.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 375
Don't have many real good pictures of the door insides, but mine are painted the same color as the outside on the window sills and black on the interior sides. PPG makes an interior paint, DIU code if I remember correctly, that you can get in a flat or semi flat color. I useed the flatter black color over primer that had a slight texture to it. Leather trim.

Dave

40512456-25a9-02000180-.jpg

40512583-689d-02000180-.jpg

Not to change the subject, I need help choosing what type of stripes to put on my car. I intend to go with willmington white as my car is gardsman blue. If anybody has any pictures of any gt40's with any color combo I would love to see them.

If you want the Ford white, it's kind of a creamy white, it's Wimbeldon white. If you want porcelin white, then use GMC truck white. IMO, Wimbeldon white looks better against the blues.

Want to see a picture of Steve Shedden style door trims with black detailing. These are off my GT40, same builder did both GT40s so that's why door trims are very similiar. There are a few differences.

Body colour is white and interior paint was done satin black as white body colour was too much of a contrast for balck interior. Note also that top door edge was also painted black.

Body will be painted mid blue soon, so will go back to body colour for interior panels.

Attachments

• 48036-doortrim2.jpg
    48036-doortrim2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 379
Back