Das Retromotor Festival - new video

Well - almost.

I have just finished converting the latest webclip from Andrew to an 'WMV' movie file to download and what a cracker. It covers Frank Catt's recent adventure in Germany where he took part in a historic hill-climb in club member Dr Thoma's GTD40 Mk1.

I will actually upload the file in about 12 hours time cos:

1) I've just worked a 10 hour day followed by an evening at college -
2) It's now 00:15 so time I went to bed.
3) the file is 10.5 MB in length - and as I am not blessed with broadband at home (56K /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) it will take too flaming long to upload now.

So hold your breath cos it goes live tomorrow morning.

Here's the opening frame!

Attachments

• 44826-FrankTubingen400320.JPG
    44826-FrankTubingen400320.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 308
Great footage and some really neat cars! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Those spectators certainly like to live dangerously! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Standing behind a chain link fence barrier on a semi-high

speed curve, or in some cases, no barrier at all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Must be a "German thing"!

Not me, brother!

Bill

Nice video, and I have to agree about the spectators not being all that smart! Standing on the outside of a curve....

But what is happening aorund 1:19?? It looks like the windshield is cracking very slowly from left to right?
Or is it just me "seeing things" again..

Lukas

Luke, it was a bead of water crossing the screen, it made me look as well when I saw the Video, as I did not notice on the run, had more absorbing things to think about. You may also notice that some of the spectators were reaching out towards the car waving and clapping, and at one point I was convinced that they could touch it. Frank

Reminds me of driving to my local Unwins!

Looks like fun to me, however those straw bails need to go. I'm sure they wouldn't damage the car too much if you just drove straight through them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Nice Video Paul. All this talk of straw bales reminded me of a local event last year driving between 'walls' of cylinder bales, quite an experience. (Not a GT40 video, just my subaru)
Straw Bale Heaven

Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Re: Das Retromotor Festival - new video (STRAW BALES)

Paul,
funny you should say that, I did find it a bit daunting at first, so I handled it by pretending it was a video game! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Quite surreal.
regards
Dave

Back