New GT40 Seats

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Folks,

The new seats are in. Additional side bolsters added and a bit more padding on the bottom with much improved thigh support too. All leather upholstery, seat tracks flush to floor and the requisite grommets!

Attachments

• 45193-NewSeatss.jpg
    45193-NewSeatss.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 653
Ian,
Can you give us a measurement drawing of the new seats? It would be good for comparison. I have a concern with thigh supports as when there aren't good supports the legs get tired easily. I plan on using a dead pedal for the shift leg, but the accelerator leg will tire out if there is none. So far I have only seen off brand seats with adequate support. It would be nice to have the grommet seats.
Bill

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Bill,

I'll get out the trusty measuring tape and PM you. We just tried an aftermarket seat with high bolsters in the chassis we're building up as a track car...felt great on the showroom carpet, waaay too big to fit the car.

Thanks for the post Ian. Do you have pictures of the new vs. old seats outside of the car? It is hard to see the above picture.
Thanks

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Gary, Can I sit on a photocopier for you too, LOL. I'll see what I can do (not on the copier!). The original style seats are all in cars, however it's worth seeing them side by side, perhaps by the end of the week I can set it up.

Cheers

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Gary,

Photocopier broke! Here's the new seats, nice upgrade and in typical CAV fashion, ruggedly built. The dimensions are 30 long x 27 high x 18 wide not counting mounting studs. The seats fit flush to the floor and only require about a half inch clearance.

Cheers

Attachments

• 45494-NewSeats5c.jpg
    45494-NewSeats5c.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 729
Back