G50/xx from '91 C2 Turbo

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
G50/xx from \'91 C2 Turbo

'91 C2 Turbo G50 is posted on eBay. I can't find my listings to tell me exactly which one this is. Opening bid is $1K. Located in central FL. In a wrecked car so all the ancillary bits should be available. Engine also posted here for $10K.

Lynn

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Re: G50/xx from \'91 C2 Turbo

My research says it should be a G50-52 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I called Andrew (seller) he said he may take a pic of the serial # and post it on the E-bay auction monday.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Someone just said they are looking for a G50/52. Was that you Tim?? That WAS you Tim. Well good luck, Florida's a bit away, but I bought my G50/50 in Arizona. Got here via Roadway wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap, a layer of cardboard and what must have been two roles of packing tape. It was strapped to a pallet with three of the 3/4" nylon ratchet straps. Roadway works for me since their terminal is only a few miles from my house, but it didn't cost that much to ship it either. Don't recall the exact amount, but it wasn't that high.

Regards,
Lynn

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Yeah Lynn,

I think I may take a good look at this one if it doesn't go too high on the auction.

How do you go about to insure or be secure the tranny is not stolen when purchasing from an unknown source?

I would assume there may be a way to match vin # with trans, no?

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Good question, but since the guy has given the VIN, I'd think that is a pretty good indication he's on the up and up. But when it comes right down to it, I don't think there is any way to be absolutely certain. He doesn't have a very long eBay history either. It says it is in Clearwater which is Pinellas County, FL. I suppose you could call the Sheriff's office and talk with them about it. If you do that,I would also ask about Eibel performance, check them out with the BBB and, if you feel they are reputable, call them and talk with them about the car and the parts. If you get real serious about it and still don't have a warm fuzzy about the deal, let me know. I know some people in the Tampa-St. Pete area and could make some inquiries through them. They aren't like best buddy friends, so I'd rather go that route only if it becomes necessary.

Lynn

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the offer Lynn,

If I get that far then I may inquire with some connections I may have.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

According to the trans serial number now posted on the auction - G50 522 M01050 reads:

G50-52
ZF limited slip
1991 911 Carrera

According to the numbers, they indicate the accurate year and model advertised, although I don't know what "C2 Turbo" is exactly.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Hey Lynn,

Thanks for the heads up on this ebay item. G50-52 ZF lsd

I snagged it for $3800. I’m stoked, I think it will be a good trans for my new motor package going in the GT40 sometime next year.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

No problems,

Tim, I am really glad it worked out for you! That's exactly why I post these things.

Regards,
Lynn

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

I had my eye on this one as well. For my further information do you consider the price as generally representative for a G50/5x or was it a steal? Just trying to get a handle on prices as I will have to import something because there is not likely to be anything available in NZ in the near future.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Russ,

I would say that is a reasonable price. But,we don't know what all Tim got the guy to throw in with it either. Depending on the extra goodies he got, it could be verging on a steal :) I payed $3K plus shipping for my G50/50 which I felt was a steal!

Regards,
Lynn

Back